– RUSSIA, Moscow – PJSC Polyus (LON: PLZL | MOEX: PLZL) today announced that its Board of Directors created the new position of Senior Independent Director and approved the appointment of Maria Gordon to this new role.
Maria Gordon has been appointed as Senior Independent Director with immediate effect. She has been an Independent Director of Polyus since 1 December 2017 and will retain her role as Chair of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee.
The Senior Independent Director will have the following specific duties:
- interact with the Company’s shareholders;
- advise the Chairman of the Board on matters of corporate governance;
- coordinate communication between the Chairman of the Board and the independent directors, including by convening and chairing meetings of the independent directors, if necessary;
- play a key role in assessing the performance of the Chairman of the Board and the independent directors;
- ensure the effective operation of the Board and support the Chairman of the Board in establishing and maintaining constructive dialogue between the members of the Board and the Company’s shareholders.
Edward Dowling was re-elected as the Chairman.
“I am delighted that Maria Gordon has agreed to take up the role of Senior Independent Director. She has extensive board experience in public companies and strong financial and capital markets expertise and will add significant value in this important role. With the creation of the Senior Independent Director position, we have further enhanced corporate governance at Polyus as we continue to apply leading global standards.” said Board Chairman, Edward Dowling.
Polyus is the world’s fourth-largest gold mining company by production volumes, with the third-largest attributable gold reserves and the lowest production costs among major global gold producers.
The company’s principal operations are located in Siberia and the Russian Far East: Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk and Magadan regions and the Republic of Sakha.
For more information: http://www.polyus.com/en/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.