– UK, Cheadle – On the Beach Group plc (LON: OTB), the UK’s leading online retailer for beach holidays, today announced the appointment of The Rt Hon Justine Greening to the Board as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect.
“We are delighted that Justine has agreed to join the Board of On the Beach as a Non-Executive Director. Justine has had both a successful business career and an illustrious political career. Her important work upon leaving Government to establish the Social Mobility Pledge has been instrumental in changing the way businesses and universities think about social mobility. It is a privilege that Justine has chosen On the Beach as her first corporate Non-Executive Director role and we look forward to working with her and benefiting from her extensive knowledge and expertise. ” said Board Chair, Richard Pennycook.
He added: “As the travel sector recovers from the pandemic, we expect some fairly major reforms to the regulatory landscape. Justine’s experience, in and out of Westminster, will be invaluable as On the Beach navigates these reforms and pursues opportunities to grow our market share both in the UK and internationally.”
Justine will serve as a member of the Audit, Remuneration, and Nomination Committees.
About Justine Greening
Most recently, after leaving Government in 2018, Justine founded the Social Mobility Pledge campaign in that year to drive grassroots to change through business and higher education. Three years on, over 550 companies and 75 universities have committed to strategically drive social mobility through their respective organizations’ engagement with local communities.
Justine was a Member of Parliament for Putney, Roehampton & Southfields from 2005 to 2019 and spent eight years as a Minister, including six in Cabinet. Justine’s political career included the following appointments:
- Secretary of State for Education (2016-2018);
- Minister for Women & Equalities (2016-2018);
- Secretary of State for International Development (2012-2016);
- Secretary of State for Transport (2011-2012); and
- Economic Secretary to Treasury (2010-2011).
Before Justine’s political career, she trained and qualified as a Chartered Accountant with PriceWaterhouse in the UK and Switzerland before taking a finance role at SmithKline Beecham followed by a strategy role at the newly formed GlaxoSmithKline. During her time at GSK, Justine completed an MBA at the London Business School in 2000 and then joined AA/Centrica as Head of Sales and Marketing Finance for three years before leaving to successfully become a Member of Parliament in 2005.
Rt Hon Justine Greening said: “I am excited to be joining the Board of On the Beach at a time when the UK’s vaccine rollout continues apace, and consumers can look forward to the prospect of going on holiday again. Simon and his team have built a great business which puts the consumer at the forefront of everything that they do and I look forward to working with him, Richard and the wider Board as On the Beach continues on its mission to be Europe’s leading online retailer of beach holidays.”
About On the Beach
With over 20% share of online sales in the short-haul beach holiday market, we are one of the UK’s largest online beach holiday retailers. We have significant opportunities for growth and a long-term mission to become Europe’s leading online retailer of beach holidays. By using our innovative technology, low-cost base, and strong customer-value proposition to provide a structural challenge to legacy tour operators, we continue our journey to disrupt the online retail of beach holidays. Our model is customer-centric, asset-light, profitable, and cash generative.
For more information: https://www.onthebeachgroupplc.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.