– UK, Denham – InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (LON: IHG | NYSE: IHG) today announced the appointment of Byron Grote to its Board as a Non-Executive Director, effective 1 July 2022.
“We are delighted that Byron will join IHG’s Board. Byron has an outstanding track record of serving a range of leading international businesses, both at Board level and in senior management positions. His extensive experience, particularly in finance and chairing audit committees, will further strengthen IHG’s Board.” said Board Chair, Patrick Cescau.
Byron will join the Audit and Remuneration Committees on appointment and will assume the role of Chair of the Audit Committee on 1 March 2023.
The company also announced the retirement of Ian Dyson from the Board, effective 28 February 2023.
About Byron Grote
Byron Grote has served on several boards and committees as Non-Executive Director including Standard Chartered PLC, Tesco PLC, Akzo Nobel N.V., Anglo American plc, and Unilever PLC.
He is currently Audit Committee Chair at Tesco PLC and Akzo Nobel N.V. Byron is a participant in the European Audit Committee Leadership Network and a member of the Regulation Group of the Audit Committee Chairs’ Independent Forum. He was previously the Chief Financial Officer at BP p.l.c.
About Byron Grote
Byron is currently a Non-Executive Director at Tesco PLC, Standard Chartered PLC, and Akzo Nobel N.V. He is the Senior Independent Director and Audit Committee Chair at Tesco PLC and the Deputy Chairman and Audit Committee Chair at Akzo Nobel N.V. He previously served as the Senior Independent Director and Audit Committee Chair at Anglo American plc, and as a Non-Executive Director and Audit Committee Chair at Unilever PLC and Unilever N.V. His career in the International Oil and Gas Sector at BP p.l.c included management positions in retail marketing, trading, mining, exploration and production, renewables, petrochemicals, and finance. He served as an Executive Director on the Board of BP p.l.c. for thirteen years and was the Chief Financial Officer from 2002 until 2011.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts is a global hospitality company, with the purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, IHG has around 6,000 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 1,800 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 325,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
For more information: https://www.ihgplc.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.