– UK, Denham – InterContinental Hotels Group (LON: IHG | NYSE: IHG) today announced the appointment of Elie Maalouf to join its Board of Directors as group CEO, to succeed Keith Barr will step down from the Board and as Group CEO effective on 30 June.
“Elie’s appointment is the result of a rigorous process and a commitment to invest in the development of our leaders, as was the case when Keith became CEO in 2017. Elie has been an instrumental part of our business in his eight years running our largest operating region and as a member of the Board since 2018. His significant industry experience and deep understanding of our business make him extremely well-placed to take on the role of CEO and ensure we continue to progress and execute our successful strategy. The Board and I look forward to working with him in his new position.” said Board Chair, Deanna Oppenheimer.
About Elie Maalouf
Elie Maalouf joined IHG as America’s CEO in February 2015. Under his leadership, the region’s estate has grown from approximately 3,700 hotels to more than 4,350. Elie led the delivery of record profits, oversaw the launch of new brands and formats, and strengthened how the business drives value for our hotel owners. Elie has spent several decades in the global hospitality sector and has a breadth of experience spanning hotel development, branding, finance, real estate, and operations management, as well as food and beverage expertise, with a strong track record of delivering exceptional results. Elie has lived and worked internationally including in Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and the US, and speaks four languages.
Elie Maalouf, Americas CEO and CEO Designate said: “I am extremely proud to be appointed CEO of one of the world’s leading hotel companies and excited to work with our talented teams and owners around the world on what will be an important new chapter for IHG. Working closely with Keith and as an Executive Committee, we’ve made several critical strategic investments in recent years that position us with exciting opportunities to realize IHG’s full industry-leading potential, by driving the performance and growth of our fantastic brands and delivering strong returns for all our stakeholders.”
Elie Maalouf is CEO of the Americas region for IHG Hotels & Resorts, based in Atlanta, Georgia, and serves as an Executive Director on IHG’s Board. He also has oversight of the Global Sales organization and IHG’s owner management and services strategy.
Elie leads the management, growth,industry-leading, and profitability of the company’s largest operating region and is responsible for overseeing over 4,300 hotels and resorts, spanning the US, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
Elie’s experience includes 13 years at HMSHost Corporation, where he was president and CEO and a member of the board of directors. Before HMSHost, Elie spent eight years with Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Company. Before joining IHG in 2015, Elie was Senior Advisor with McKinsey & Company.
Elie is active in organizations that support and promote the travel and hospitality industries as a member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association Executive Committee of the Board, and a member of the U.S. Travel Association CEO Roundtable. In addition, Elie is a member of the Real Estate Roundtable and a board member of the Atlanta Committee for Progress.
Elie holds an MBA from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business and a Bachelor’s degree in engineering from Virginia Tech.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts:
IHG Hotels & Resorts is a global hospitality company, with the purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 18 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries and more than 1,900 in the development pipeline.
– Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
– Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
– Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
– Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
– Exclusive Partners: Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 345,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels, reservations, and IHG One Rewards. To download the new IHG One Rewards app, visit the Apple App or Google Play stores.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.