– UK, Denham – InterContinental Hotels Group (LON: IHG | NYSE: IHG) today announced the appointments of Daniela Barone Soares and Richard Anderson to its Board as Independent Non-Executive Directors, effective 1 March 2021, and the retirement of Non-Executive Director Anne Busquet, from the Board, effective at 2021 AGM.
“Daniela brings to IHG a strong record of driving performance and financial returns that deliver positive social and environmental impacts. This clear commitment to ESG responsibilities, alongside a wealth of knowledge about the role of technology in driving change and 15 years of board level experience, will make Daniela a valuable addition to the IHG Board.” said Non-Executive Chair, Patrick Cescau.”Richard has extensive experience of building and leading strong businesses that provide high-quality experiences for customers, and in-depth knowledge of the travel landscape both globally and in the US. This expertise and Richard’s significant board level experience will make him a valuable addition to the IHG Board.”
Daniela will serve on the Remuneration and Responsible Business Committees, while Richard will serve on the Remuneration and Audit Committees.
About Daniela Barone Soares
Daniela is currently CEO of Snowball Impact Management Ltd. and a Designated Member of Snowball Impact Investments GP LLP, a diversified investment fund focused on generating financial returns with a positive social and environmental impact.
Daniela was formerly CEO of financial advisory and strategic consultancy, Granito Group. Before this, she was CEO at Impetus, a private equity foundation that works with charities to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people.
Daniela is also an Independent Non-Executive Director at FTSE 100 company Halma plc. She has served on various commercial and non-profit boards and advisory boards, including Evora S.A. in Brazil and the UK National Advisory Board to the G8 Social Impact Investment Taskforce. She also spent nearly 15 years combined in roles at Save the Children, BancBoston Capital, Citibank, and Goldman Sachs.
About Richard Anderson
Richard is the former CEO of the US railroad company Amtrak. He previously spent more than 25 years in the aviation industry, last holding the position of Executive Chairman at Delta Air Lines having formerly been CEO. Before this, he was President of UnitedHealth Group Commercial Markets. Richard has also served as CEO and COO at Northwest Airlines and held senior roles at Continental Airlines.
He is currently a director of Cargill Inc. and is on the Board of Directors at Genesis Park Acquisition Corp. and Medtronic Inc.
About IHG Hotels & Resorts
IHG Hotels & Resorts is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 16 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs, IHG has nearly 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 due to open over the next five years.
- Luxury and lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels, voco Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
For more information: https://www.ihgplc.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.