– CANADA, Toronto – The Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI) has expanded its membership network with the addition of director institutes from Germany, Russia, and Pakistan joining its ranks.
Vereinigung der Aufsichtsräte in Deutschland e.V. (VARD) in Germany, Independent Directors Association (IDA) in Russia and Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG) join 15 other leading director associations from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, the Gulf States, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mauritius, New Zealand, Singapore, Southern Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
“The expansion of GNDI’s membership supports the organization’s mandate to bring forward the latest trends and issues in corporate governance and share knowledge and best practices on matters that affect directors globally,” said Stan Magidson, Chair of GNDI and President and CEO of the Institute of Corporate Directors in Canada.
As a collective of leading governance associations around the world, GNDI plays an important role in providing leadership on governance issues for directors of all organizations to achieve a positive impact for companies, the economy, and society.
The addition of three new member organizations further asserts the organization’s position as the pre-eminent international body advocating good governance on behalf of directors all over the world.
GNDI was established in December 2012 to foster closer cooperation between its members, who are each recognized as the primary institute for directors and governance in their respective country.
The following organizations are members of GNDI:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (IBGC)
- GCC Board Directors Institute (BDI)
- European Confederation of Directors Associations (ecoDa)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Directors (HKIoD)
- Independent Directors Association (IDA), Russia
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD), Canada
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand (IoDNZ)
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- Institute of Directors (IoD), United Kingdom
- Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors (MACD)
- Mauritius Institute of Directors (MIoD)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), United States
- Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG)
- Singapore Institute of Directors (SID)
- Swiss Institute of Directors (SIoD)
- Thai Institute of Directors (TIoD)
- Vereinigung der Aufsichtsräte in Deutschland e.V. (VARD), Germany
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.