– UK, Aberdeen – The Parkmead Group plc (LON: PMG), the independent energy group focused on growth through gas, oil, and renewable energy projects, today announced the appointment of Robert Finlay to its Board as an Independent Non-Executive Director, effective on 1 May 2021, replacing Philip Dayer who will retire from the Board of Directors on 30 April 2021.
“Robert brings a wealth of experience to the Parkmead Board of Directors at this important stage in the Group’s development. His extensive corporate advisory knowledge will be valuable to Parkmead as we grow our portfolio and advance key gas, oil and renewable energy projects. On behalf of everyone at Parkmead, I would like to thank Philip for his outstanding contribution to the Company and we wish him all the very best for the future” said Executive Chairman, Tom Cross.
Mr. Finlay will Chair the Audit Committee and be a member of the Remuneration Committee.
About Robert Finlay
Mr Finlay has over 30 years of experience as a corporate adviser to a range of companies quoted on the London Stock Exchange AIM and Main Market, including several energy companies. He is currently a Director in the corporate advisory team at Shore Capital. His earlier career included roles as Head of Corporate at Stockdale Securities and Head of Corporate Finance at Canaccord Genuity.
The Board would like to express its thanks to Philip Dayer, for his invaluable counsel and guidance as a Non-Executive Director. In line with UK governance principles, Philip retires from the Board of Directors with effect from 30 April 2021, having given excellent service to the Company.
Given the continued renewal of expertise and independent advice outlined above, Parkmead is well-positioned for future growth with a strong and balanced portfolio of assets and an experienced team which is focused on delivery.
About The Parkmead Group plc
- Parkmead is an independent, UK and Netherlands-focused energy group that is listed on AIM on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: PMG). Parkmead is focused on growth in the oil and gas upstream and renewable energy sectors, targeting transactions at both the asset and corporate levels.
- In January 2018, Parkmead significantly increased its equity in the Greater Perth Area oil hub project from 60.05% to 100%. The Group also announced that it had signed an agreement with Nexen Petroleum, a subsidiary of China National Oil Corporation, to conduct a detailed engineering study about the potential subsea tieback of the Greater Perth Area project to the Scott platform and associated facilities in the UK Central North Sea.
- In May 2018, Parkmead was provisionally awarded nine offshore blocks and part blocks spanning five new licenses in the UK 30th Licensing Round.
- In August 2019, Parkmead announced expansion into the renewable energy sector by signing a share purchase agreement to acquire the entire issued share capital of Pitreadie Farm Limited, a company owning extensive farmland and sites with significant renewable energy potential.
- In October 2019, Parkmead announced that a draft Field Development Plan and Environmental Statement for the Platypus gas project had been submitted to the Oil and Gas Authority and the Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment and Decommissioning.
- In September 2020, Parkmead announced it had been offered four offshore blocks and part blocks spanning three new licenses in the UK 32nd Licensing Round awards.
- Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Aupec Limited, The Parkmead Group provides petroleum benchmarking and economics expertise to a wide range of government bodies and international energy companies. Aupec has to date worked with over 100 governments, national oil companies, majors, and independents across the world, as well as several multi-national agencies such as the European Commission and the World Bank.
For more information: https://www.parkmeadgroup.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.