– USA, NY – Suzy, a leading market research software platform today announced the appointment of Sofia Hernandez, Head of U.S. Business Marketing at TikTok, to its Board of Directors.
“Sofia is an incredible addition to our Board, and we’re thrilled to welcome her unparalleled expertise and insightful perspective back to our team,” said Founder and CEO, Matt Britton. “In Suzy’s early stages, Sofia was pivotal in building and growing strong partnerships with our largest brands, which enabled us to create a platform our customers love. As Suzy continues to modernize real-time market research for clients, Sofia’s insights will once again be a major asset to the company’s continued growth and success. We’re expanding rapidly, and augmenting our Board with leaders like Sofia is essential to preparing us for what’s next.”
Sofia Hernandez will be the seventh director joining:
- Gayle Troberman, Chief Marketing Officer of iHeartMedia;
- Seth Levine, Partner at the Foundry Group;
- Brian Hirsch, Partner at Tribeca Ventures Partners;
- Sim Blaustein, Partner at Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments;
- George Bitar, Managing Partner at Rho Acceleration;
- Matt Britton, Suzy’s Founder and CEO.
About Sofia Hernandez
Sofia Hernandez is a global marketing veteran with over 18 years of experience working with the world’s largest consumer brands. She previously served as Suzy’s Chief Client Officer, before joining TikTok to build marketing solutions that help brands engage with relevant communities through creative storytelling.
A recognized industry leader, Hernandez laid the foundation for Suzy’s initial go to market strategy, product roadmap, and industry positioning during her tenure at the company. She has since served the company as an active advisor since her departure for TikTok in May of 2020.
Named one of the five women revolutionizing the tech world in 2020 by Shondaland, and a winner of America on Technology’s 2019 Innovators and Disruptors Award, Hernandez is a steadfast advocate for social justice and inclusion in the technology industry. Hernandez is also a founding member of Chief, a board member of AdColor in Music, and co-founder of Black on Black BK.
“Since I joined the Suzy team in 2017, I’ve been impressed and inspired by how the Suzy platform is changing the way companies engage with their customers. Consumers’ opinions are vital to every company, and I’ve seen firsthand how Suzy can improve the way business decisions are made,” said Sofia Hernandez. “It’s an honor to be appointed to Suzy’s Board of Directors and to support their exciting business. As part of the 1% of Latina executives in the tech industry, I am excited to continue championing inclusion within the industry and serving as a changemaker.”
Founded in 2017, Suzy is a real-time market research platform that aims to advance human understanding between consumers and enterprises everywhere, at the speed of culture. Suzy’s audience-powered tools enable research from start to finish, helping enterprises make smarter decisions with ease. Many of the biggest brands in the world use Suzy to deliver breakthrough products and experiences backed by data-driven decisions. Suzy has been recognized on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2021, Inc. Magazine’s list of Best Workplaces of 2021, and as a GRIT Top 50 Most Innovative Supplier in Market Research. To date, Suzy has raised over $46MM in venture capital funding from investors that include Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments, Foundry Group, Tribeca Venture Partners, Triangle Peak Partners, and Kevin Durant’s 35 Ventures.
For more information : https://suzy.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.