– JAPAN, Tokyo – SoftBank Group Corp. (TYO: 9984) today announced changes to its Board of Directors and appointment of Corporate Officers as part of the continued efforts to strengthen its corporate governance. SoftBank announced in June 2020, the appointments of two new External Board Directors, as well as the formation of a Nominating & Compensation Committee.
These initiatives are aimed at increasing the proportion of External Board Directors on the Board and separating the management decision-making function from the business execution function to clarify the persons responsible for business execution.
Four Internal Board Directors, namely, EVP and COO Marcelo Claure, EVP and Chief Strategy Officer Katsunori Sago, EVP Rajeev Misra, and Governor and Board Member of the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia Yasir O. Al-Rumayyan have resigned from the Board of Directors as of today, bringing the size of the Board to nine members with a greater proportion of External Board Directors.
The Board has also appointed Masayoshi Son, Ronald Fisher, Marcelo Claure, Katsunori Sago, Rajeev Misra and Yoshimitsu Goto as Corporate Officers.
“On behalf of our shareholders and the Board, I want to express my deep appreciation to Marcelo, Sago-san, Rajeev and Yasir for their dedication and their service on the Board,” said Masayoshi Son. “The changes to our Board build upon the enhancements we made in June, including ensuring we have a greater proportion of External Board Directors, and further highlight SoftBank’s commitment to corporate governance.”
After the change, the Board includes:
- Masayoshi Son (Representtive Director);
- Ronald Fisher;
- Yoshimitsu Goto, CFO of SoftBank;
- Ken Miyauchi, President and CEO of SoftBank Corp.;
- Simon Segars, CEO of Arm Limited;
- Masami Iijima, Chairman of the Board of Directors, MITSUI & CO., LTD.;
- Yutaka Matsuo, Professor, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo;
- Lip-Bu Tan, CEO of Cadence Design Systems Inc. and Founder and Chairman of Walden International, Inc.,
- Yuko Kawamoto, Professor, Waseda Business School (Graduate School of Business and Finance).
and Deputy Head of Legal Unit,
The SoftBank Group invests in breakthrough technology to improve the quality of life for people around the world. The SoftBank Group is comprised of SoftBank Group Corp. (TOKYO: 9984), an investment holding company that includes telecommunications, internet services, AI, smart robotics, IoT and clean energy technology providers; the SoftBank Vision Funds, which are investing up to $100 billion to help extraordinary entrepreneurs transform industries and shape new ones, and the SoftBank Latin America Fund, the largest venture fund in the region.
For more, visit global.softbank
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.