MarineMax announces Board member Dr. Rebecca White as next Chair of the Board of Directors

– USA, FL –  MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE: HZO), the world’s largest recreational boat, yacht, and superyacht services company, today announced the appointment of current Board member Dr. Rebecca White (Ph.D.) as Chair of the Board of Directors, effective June 30, 2024, to succeed Bill McGill who will retire from the Board, also effective June 30, 2024.

“Rebecca’s election as Chair reflects the Board’s continued approach to strong, thoughtful corporate governance and its commitment to diverse board leadership. As an independent director over the past six years, Rebecca has brought a unique perspective to the Board through her deep experience in entrepreneurship, innovation strategy and effective management. Her skilled leadership, governance expertise and knowledge of MarineMax makes Rebecca, I believe, the ideal choice to lead the Board forward.” said  Lead Independent Director, Clinton Moore.

Joe Watters will also retire from the Board effective June 30, 2024.

About Rebecca J. White, PhD

Rebecca White is a seasoned governance expert, serving as Walter Chair of Entrepreneurship, Professor of Entrepreneurship, and Director of the John P. Lowth Entrepreneurship Center at the University of Tampa. She has served in leadership roles on several company, non-profit, and industry association boards over the past 25 years. She is an active member of the National Association of Corporate Directors and Women Corporate Directors. Founder of several start-ups, Dr. White has more than three decades of experience in education, training, coaching, and mentoring. She is a thought leader and frequent speaker in areas such as entrepreneurship, management, and corporate governance.

Dr. White received an MBA and a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from Virginia Tech.

About MarineMax

As the world’s largest lifestyle retailer of recreational boats and yachts, yacht concierge, and superyacht services, MarineMax (NYSE: HZO) is United by Water. We have over 130 locations worldwide, including 83 dealerships and 66 marina and storage facilities. Our integrated business includes IGY Marinas, which operates luxury marinas in yachting and sport fishing destinations around the world; Fraser Yachts Group and Northrop & Johnson, leading superyacht brokerage and luxury yacht services companies; Cruisers Yachts, one of the world’s premier manufacturers of premium sport yachts and motor yachts; and Intrepid Powerboats, a premier manufacturer of powerboats. To enhance and simplify the customer experience, we provide financing and insurance services as well as leading digital technology products that connect boaters to a network of preferred marinas, dealers, and marine professionals through Boatyard and Boatzon. In addition, we operate MarineMax Vacations in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, which offers our charter vacation guests the luxury boating adventures of a lifetime. Land comprises 29% of the earth’s surface. We’re focused on the other 71%.

SOURCE: https://www.marinemax.com/

- DisclaimerNews, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.