– UK, London – Liontrust Asset Management Plc (LON: LIO), the specialist independent fund management group, today announced the appointment of Emma Howard Boyd CBE to its Board as a new Non-Executive Director effective from 19 January 2022.
“On behalf of the Directors, I would like to welcome Emma to the Board. Emma is going to be an excellent addition given her extensive and broad experience in public office, sustainability, ESG and financial services. This expertise, along with Emma’s championing of diversity and inclusion, will be invaluable to the Board and the Company as the Liontrust Sustainable Investment team and their funds continue growing and we further integrate sustainability across the business. Emma’s 25 years of working in financial services, including over 15 years as a director at Jupiter Asset Management, will also be a positive input into Liontrust’s ongoing expansion of its investment capability and proposition.” said Board Chairman.
About Emma Howard Boyd
Emma brings extensive commercial and financial services experience to the Board, as well as a background in governance and stewardship. She has held several non-executive and advisory roles over the past eight years since leaving Jupiter Asset Management as Director, Stewardship.
Currently, Emma is Chair of the Environment Agency, an Ex officio board member of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, and interim Chair of the Green Finance Institute. She is also an Adviser to the Board of Trade, and a UN Global Ambassador for Race to Zero and Race to Resilience ahead of COP26.
Emma also serves on several boards and advisory committees including:
- The Coalition for Climate Resilient Investment (co-Chair)
- The European Climate Foundation
- The Council for Sustainable Business
- The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project
- Menhaden Resource Efficiency Plc
Emma was the UK Commissioner to the Global Commission on Adaptation from 2018 until January 2021.
She holds a BA (Hons) in Law and Economics from St John’s College, Durham University.
For more information: https://www.liontrust.co.uk/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.