– USA, MA – Kaleido Biosciences, a healthcare company with a differentiated, chemistry-driven approach to leveraging the potential of the microbiome organ, today announced the appointment of three new members to its Board of Directors:
- Bonnie Bassler, Ph.D., Chair, Department of Molecular Biology and Squibb Professor of Molecular Biology at Princeton University, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator;
- Grady Burnett, Technology Executive and Entrepreneur, Co-Founder and General Partner at Bow Capital, and former Vice President, Global Sales and Operations at Facebook; and
- John Sculley, High-Tech Entrepreneur and Technology Investor, past President & CEO of Pepsi-Cola Co., former CEO of Apple Inc.
“We are delighted to have Bonnie, Grady and John on our Board of Directors,” said Michael Bonney, Executive Chair of Kaleido. “We have been fortunate to attract exceptional leaders from a variety of fields who are excited to lend their expertise to Kaleido as we seek to treat disease and improve human health in new ways by leveraging the potential of the microbiome organ.”
Alison Lawton, Chief Executive Officer of Kaleido, added, “Kaleido will benefit greatly from their deep experience supporting our science, computational capabilities and business strategy as we scale our organization and prepare to initiate planned Phase 2 clinical trials with our Microbiome Metabolic Therapies in 2019.”
About Bonnie Bassler, Ph.D.
Dr. Bassler is the Chair of the Department of Molecular Biology and the Squibb Professor of Molecular Biology at Princeton University, and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator. She previously served as the President of the American Society for Microbiology, on the Boards of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the National Science Foundation, and also chaired the Board of the American Academy of Microbiology. Dr. Bassler has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the Royal Society and the American Philosophical Society. She is the recipient of the MacArthur Foundation Fellowship, the Lounsbery Award and the Shaw Prize for Life Science and Medicine. Dr. Bassler received her B.S. from the University of California, Davis, and her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Johns Hopkins University.
About Grady Burnett
Mr. Burnett is Co-Founder and General Partner at Bow Capital, an early stage venture capital firm he started in July 2016. Previously, he served as Chief Operating Officer of Flurry, Inc., a mobile analytics, monetization and advertising company. Mr. Burnett previously served as Vice President, Global Sales and Operations at Facebook, Inc., Director, North American Sales and Operations for Google, and Vice President, North American Sales, at DoubleClick. He serves on the Boards of East Palo Alto Tennis and Tutoring and Menlo School. Mr. Burnett is a graduate of the University of Michigan and received his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
About John Sculley
Mr. Sculley is Vice Chairman for Celularity, Inc., a placenta cord blood stem cell company, and Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Marketing Officer for RxAdvance Corporation, a modern Pharmacy Benefit Manager platform company. He is also the Co-founder and Vice Chairman of Zeta Global, a personalized marketing platform. Mr. Sculley was previously Chief Executive Officer of Pepsi-Cola Co. and the Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc. He was a founding Board member of MetroPCS Communications, Inc. and Rally Health, Inc. Mr. Sculley is a graduate of Brown University, earned a Wharton School M.B.A., holds 10 honorary Ph.D.s, and was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
About Kaleido Biosciences
Kaleido Biosciences is a healthcare company with a differentiated, chemistry-driven approach to leveraging the potential of the microbiome organ to treat disease and improve human health. The Company’s Microbiome Metabolic Therapies are designed to modulate the metabolic output and profile of the microbiome by driving the function and distribution of the organ’s existing microbes. Kaleido is advancing a broad pipeline of MMT candidates to address a variety of diseases and conditions with significant unmet patient needs. The Company’s human-centric discovery and development offers the potential to be faster and more cost-efficient than traditional drug development.
For more information : https://www.kaleido.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.