– GUERNSEY, St Peter Port – JLEN Environmental Assets Group Limited (LON: JLEN) today announced the appointments of Alan Bates and Jo Harrison to its Board of Directors effective from 10 June 2021.
“We are delighted to welcome Alan and Jo to the Board and believe that Alan’s extensive operational background and skills and Jo’s wide-ranging ESG experience will complement and broaden the diversity of skills and experience represented on the Board. We are confident that Alan and Jo will be positive additions to the Company. Noting Peter’s intention to resign in September, we thank Peter for his contribution to the Company. Peter has been a highly valued Board member and we shall miss his wisdom and diligence when he steps down. He will be succeeded as Chair of the Audit Committee by Stephanie Coxon.” said Board Chairman, Richard Morse.
Alan will join the Audit Committee and the Risk Committee while Jo will join the Risk Committee and the newly established committee of the Board focusing on ESG matters.
About Alan Bates
Alan is a Guernsey resident who brings considerable operational and technical experience to the Company, particularly from his current positions as CEO of Guernsey Electricity Limited, as Chairman of the Channel Islands Electricity Grid and as a Board Advisor to Guernsey Water. Alan’s previous experience included senior positions in the oil and gas and electrical engineering sectors, following an extensive career as an electrical engineer.
About Jo Harrison
Jo is a UK resident who brings a wealth of ESG and leadership experience to the Company. Jo is Director of Environment, Planning, and Innovation at United Utilities and has over 20 years’ experience working in the water industry. Jo is a chartered member of the Institute of Water and Environmental Managers and is a Chartered Environmentalist. Jo is also a trustee of the Community Forest Trust and a trustee of the Rivers Trust.
JLEN’s investment policy is to invest in a diversified portfolio of Environmental Infrastructure. Environmental Infrastructure is defined by the Company as infrastructure assets, projects and asset-backed businesses that utilise natural or waste resources or support more environmentally friendly approaches to economic activity, support the transition to a low carbon economy or which mitigate the effects of climate change. Such investments will typically feature one or more of the following characteristics:
- long-term, predictable cash flows, which may be wholly or partially inflation-linked cash flows;
- long-term contracts or stable and well-proven regulatory and legal frameworks; or
- well-established technologies, and demonstrable operational performance.
JLEN aims to provide investors with a sustainable, progressive dividend per share, paid quarterly, and to preserve the capital value of the portfolio over the long term on a real basis. The target dividend for the year 31 March 2022 is 6.801 pence per share. The dividend is payable quarterly.
For more information : https://jlen.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.