– CHINA, Hefei – Huami Corp. (NYSE: HMI) today announced the appointment of Bing Xie to its Board as an independent director. Mr. Xie is the former Texas Instruments executive officer and SVP worldwide sales and applications, and will serve on the Audit, Compensation, Nominating, Corporate Governance, and the AI and Big Data Ethics Committees.
“I am very happy that Mr. Bing Xie can join the board of directors,” said chairman and CEO, Wang Huang. “He has extensive experience and global vision obtained from working with Texas Instruments. With his leadership, I believe he can help Huami better lay out the company’s strategy toward the smart IOT industry, and further promote the implementation of our health and medical strategies.”
Mr. Xie joins current standing board members:
- Mr. De Liu, co-founder and an SVP of Xiaomi;
- Dr. Hongjiang Zhang, retired CEO of Kingsoft (a Hong Kong-listed company 03888.HK), former CTO of Asia-Pacific R&D and Distinguished Scientist at Microsoft;
- Mr. Jimmy Lai retired CFO of China Online Education Group;
- Ms. Yunfen Lu, co-founder, and VP of Huami Corp.;
- Mr. Xiaojun Zhang, co-founder, and VP of Huami Corp.
About Bing Xie
Over a 21-year career at Texas Instruments, Mr. Xie most recently led the worldwide sales and applications teams. He was previously TI’s president of Greater China (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong). Mr. Xie started his career at Hewlett-Packard and later joined Bay Networks and 3Com. He has lived and worked in China, Italy, America, and Canada.
Mr. Xie holds a bachelor of science degree in electronics engineering from Xidian University, and an MBA from Clemson University.
About Huami Corporation (NYSE: HMI)
Huami’s mission is to connect health with technology. Since its inception in 2013, Huami has developed a platform of proprietary technology including AI chips, biometric sensors, and data algorithms, which drive a broadening line of smart health devices for consumers, and analytics services for the industry. In 2019, Huami shipped 37 million smartwatches and fitness bands, including its own Amazfit brand, and products developed and manufactured for Xiaomi, comprising 23% of global category shipments1. Huami Corp is based in Hefei, China, with U.S. operations, Huami-USA, based in Cupertino, Calif.
For more information: https://www.huami.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.