– USA, MA – Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM), a leader in mass production and turnkey additive manufacturing solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Dussault to its Board of Directors effective as of December 18, 2020.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Scott previously as an early-stage investor in Dyn and Demandware. Scott brings to our Board a wealth of experience leading finance and operational functions at several high growth companies, and we are fortunate to have him assume the chair of our Audit Committee,” said CEO, co-founder and Chairman, Ric Fulop. “I am confident he will provide valuable perspectives as we continue to execute our strategy to enhance value for all Desktop Metal shareholders.”
Dussault was also appointed to serve on the Audit Committee of the Board as its Chairman.
Desktop Metal’s other directors consist of Fulop;
- Leo Hindery, Jr., technology investor, operator and former CEO of Trine Acquisition Corp;
- Andy Wheeler, General Partner of GV;
- Bilal Zuberi, Partner at Lux Capital;
- Byron Knight, Managing Director of Koch Disruptive Technologies;
- Dayna Grayson, Managing Partner of Construct Capital and formerly Partner at New Enterprise Associates;
- Jeff Immelt, Venture Partner at NEA and former CEO of General Electronic Co.;
- Steve Papa, CEO of Parallel Wireless;
- Wen Hsieh, General Partner of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
Dussault’s appointment follows the recent election of Stephen Nigro to the Board of Directors effective as of the closing of its recent business combination with Trine Acquisition Corp. on December 9, 2020.
“Stephen is a highly respected and proven leader in the additive manufacturing industry,” added Ric Fulop. “He brings deep technical knowledge and an unmatched understanding of the additive manufacturing landscape to our Board. We are excited to have him join us, and we will call on his broad experience launching and scaling HP’s 3D printing business as we advance Desktop Metal’s Additive Manufacturing 2.0 solutions for end-use applications across an array of industries.”
About Stephen Nigro
Nigro most recently served as President, 3D Printing at HP, Inc., an information technology and services company, from 2015 until 2019. Nigro previously served as the Senior Vice President of HP, Inc.’s Imaging & Printing business leading a global $21 billion business. He has over 38 years of experience starting new businesses and running large at-scale global businesses. Currently, Nigro serves on the board of directors of Kornit Digital Ltd. Nigro holds a B.S. from University of California Santa Barbara and an M.S. from Stanford University.
Nigro most recently served as President, 3D Printing at HP, Inc., an information technology and services company, from 2015 until 2019. Nigro previously served as the Senior Vice President of HP, Inc.’s Imaging & Printing business leading a global $21 billion business. He has over 38 years of experience starting new businesses and running large at-scale global businesses. Currently, Nigro serves on the board of directors of Kornit Digital Ltd. Nigro holds a B.S. from the University of California Santa Barbara and an M.S. from Stanford University.
About Scott Dussault
Dussault has more than 20 years of operational and financial leadership experience and a track record of success in both public and private technology companies. He has served as EVP, COO, and CFO at Nasuni Corporation, a leading cloud storage provider, since January 2015. Before joining Nasuni, Dussault was EVP and CFO at Demandware, where he led the company through its initial public offering, which resulted in a market capitalization of over $3 billion. He also previously held CFO roles at Archivas, Astra Tech, and StorageNetworks. Currently, Dussault serves as an advisory board member at BigCommerce and MotiveMetrics. Dussault holds a B.S. from Stonehill College.
“It’s an honor to join Desktop Metal’s Board of Directors,” said Scott Dussault. “It’s been exciting to watch the additive manufacturing industry unfold as one of the most transformative technology innovations of our time, and I look forward to the opportunity to be a part of the industry’s continued growth and a member of Desktop Metal’s team as it extends is the market position.”
About Desktop Metal
Desktop Metal, Inc., based in Burlington, Massachusetts, is accelerating the transformation of manufacturing with end-to-end 3D printing solutions. Founded in 2015 by leaders in advanced manufacturing, metallurgy, and robotics, the company is addressing the unmet challenges of speed, cost, and quality to make 3D printing an essential tool for engineers and manufacturers around the world. Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world’s 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by the World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review’s list of 50 Smartest Companies; and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New.”
For more information: https://www.desktopmetal.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.