– CANADA, Vancouver – Cummins Westport Inc. today announced the appointment of Jim Arthurs, EVP of Westport Fuel Systems Inc. as Chair of CWI effective January 1st, 2021, succeeding Roe East, Director, Off-Highway Product Strategy of Cummins Inc. who is stepping down as Chair of CWI but will remain on the CWI Board of Directors.
These changes to its Board of Directors are following the terms of the 50/50 Joint Venture Agreement between Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) and Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (TSX: WPRT | NASDAQ: WPRT).
The following have also been elected to the CWI Board of Directors:
- Scott Baker, VP, Engineering, Westport Fuel Systems Inc.
- Jack Kienzler, Senior Director, Corporate Development, Cummins Inc.
- Timo Lehtiniitty, Controller – Joint Ventures, Engine Business, Cummins Inc.
- Jim MacCallum, SVP, Corporate Finance and Treasurer, Westport Fuel Systems Inc.
“The Board would also like to thank Roe East for his contributions as Chair of CWI for the past three years and we are pleased he will continue to serve on the board,” said Jim Arthurs, incoming Chair. “We would also like to welcome Tom Hodek to his new role as President of CWI. Tom made significant contributions to CWI in both product development and sales since joining in 2013 and will lead a strong and capable team going forward.”
The company also announced that effective January 1st, 2021, Tom Hodek has been appointed President of CWI. Tom was Director of Sales and Marketing for CWI and previously led the development of the latest generation of CWI’s ISX12N, L9N, and B6.7N engines. He will succeed Gord Exel, President of CWI who will be stepping down as President upon the completion of his term.
“The Board of CWI would like to sincerely thank Gord Exel for his strong leadership of CWI,” said Roe East, Chairman. “Gord has been an influential leader in the North American on-highway natural gas industry for almost two decades, having first joined CWI as VP and General Manager for the Americas in 2002. During Gord’s tenure, CWI has sold over 100,000 natural gas engines for on-highway trucks and buses. We greatly appreciate his many years of service to CWI. We will miss his expertise, experience, and leadership.”
About Cummins Westport Inc.
Cummins Westport Inc. designs, engineers, and markets 5.9 to 12-liter spark-ignited natural gas engines for North American commercial transportation applications such as trucks and buses. Cummins Westport is a joint venture of Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute, and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions, and electrical power generation systems, and Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: WPRT / TSX: WPRT), a global leader in alternative fuel, low-emissions technologies that allow engines to operate on clean-burning fuels such as compressed natural gas, liquefied natural gas, Propane, hydrogen, and biofuels such as landfill gas.
For more information: https://wfsinc.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.