– USA, TN – Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CYH) today announced the appointment of Joseph Hastings to its Board of Directors.
“Dr. Hastings brings valuable perspective as a healthcare practitioner to the CHS board,” said, Executive Chairman, Wayne Smith. “His experience managing a healthcare practice and years as a practicing orthodontist will provide beneficial insights and strengthen an already outstanding group of directors.”
The board members are:
- Wayne T. Smith,
- John A. Clerico,
- Michael Dinkins,
- James S. Ely III,
- John A. Fry,
- Joseph A. Hastings, D.M.D.,
- Tim L. Hingtgen,
- Elizabeth T. Hirsch,
- William Norris Jennings, M.D.,
- K. Ranga Krishnan, MBBS,
- Julia B. North (Lead Independent Director),
- H. James Williams, Ph.D.
About Joseph A. Hastings
Dr. Hastings is a private practice orthodontist in Mobile, Alabama, with over 37 years of healthcare experience. From 2016 until July 2020, Dr. Hastings served on the board of directors of Quorum Health Corporation, an operator of general acute care hospitals and outpatient services, where he also served on its compensation committee, governance committee, and patient safety and quality of care committee. He has served in numerous leadership positions in local, state, and national dental and orthodontic societies. Board-certified in orthodontics, Dr. Hastings has been published in several orthodontic journals and holds two United States patents.
He graduated with honors from the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry and completed his post-doctoral training at the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry in New Orleans.
About Community Health Systems, Inc.
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the largest publicly traded hospital companies in the United States and a leading operator of general acute care hospitals in communities across the country. The Company, through its subsidiaries, owns or leases 84 affiliated hospitals in 16 states with an aggregate of approximately 13,000 licensed beds. The Company’s headquarters are located in Franklin, Tennessee, a suburb south of Nashville.
For more information: https://www.chs.net/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.