– UK, London – Cazoo, the UK’s leading online car retailer, which makes buying your next car as simple and seamless as purchasing any other product online, today announced the appointment of Duncan Tatton-Brown to its Board as a Non-Executive Director, following completion of its business combination with AJAX I (NYSE: AJAX).
Duncan Tatton-Brown will become Senior Independent Director and chair the Audit Committee.
“I am delighted that Duncan will be joining the Cazoo Board once we become listed on the NYSE. His experience in helping to build large consumer-facing businesses over many years will be invaluable as we continue to transform the car buying experience for consumers across the UK and Europe.” said Founder & CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
Cazoo recently announced it will list on the NYSE through a $7.0 billion business combination with AJAX I, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company founded by renowned US investor Dan Och. The transaction is expected to complete in Q3 this year when Duncan will take up his role on the Cazoo Board.
Other Cazoo Board members following transaction closing will include:
- Alex Chesterman OBE (Chair & CEO),
- Stephen Morana (CFO),
- Dan Och (Non-Executive Director),
- Viscount Rothermere (Non-Executive Director)
- David Hobbs (Non-Executive Director).
About Duncan Tatton-Brown
Duncan Tatton-Brown was most recently CFO of Ocado Group Plc from 2012 until 2020 where he remains a Senior Advisor to the Board. Before joining Ocado, he has held the CFO roles at Fitness First Plc, Kingfisher Plc, B&Q Plc, and Virgin Entertainment Group.
He currently serves on the Board of Trainline Plc and was formerly a Non-Executive Director at ZPG Plc and Rentokil Initial Plc.
Duncan Tatton-Brown said, “I am really excited to be joining the Cazoo Board and to be working with Alex and his team. There are some very clear parallels with my other recent experiences and I am looking forward to helping shape Cazoo’s mission to digitally disrupt one of the largest retail markets in Europe, used cars, worth over $700bn annually.”
Duncan holds a master’s degree in Engineering from King’s College, Cambridge.
Cazoo’s mission is to transform the car-buying experience for consumers across Europe by providing better selection, quality, transparency, convenience, and peace of mind. Cazoo aims to make buying a car no different from any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance, or subscribe to a car entirely online for either delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours. Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team, and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Cazoo is pioneering the shift to online car buying in Europe and since being founded in 2018, has sold over 20,000 cars to consumers across the UK who have embraced the selection, transparency, and convenience of buying a quality used cars entirely online.
Cazoo owns and reconditions all its cars before offering them for sale on its website for either delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours. Already the leading online car retailer in the UK, Cazoo is also Europe’s leading car subscription player with over 6,000 subscribers across the UK, France, and Germany.
For more information: https://www.cazoo.co.uk/
AJAX is a blank check company whose purpose is to effect a merger, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization, or similar business combination with one or more businesses. AJAX was founded by renowned US investor Dan Och in partnership with Glenn Fuhrman and strategic advisors including Steve Ells (founder, Chipotle), Jim McKelvey (co-founder, Square), Kevin Systrom (co-founder, Instagram), and Anne Wojcicki (co-founder, 23andMe).
For more information: https://ajaxcap.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.