– ISRAEL, Tel Aviv – Carbyne, a global leader in public safety, today announced the closing of $15 million in series B financing. The round was led by Elsted Capital Partners, FinTLV Ventures and joined by strategic investor Founders Fund. The investment will be used to expand the company’s footprint in markets throughout the world while bolstering R&D for their transformative Next Generation 911 solutions.
Carbyne’s holistic emergency response ecosystem provides a 21st-century upgrade for standard public safety and emergency response infrastructure, revolutionizing the outdated emergency technologies still used in most cities around the world. With Carbyne’s end-to-end, digitized NG911 ecosystem, first response personnel can better process and prioritize incoming emergency calls using a wealth of previously unavailable information such as live video streaming, voice over IP and precise location.
“It is critically important that we fix our dilapidated emergency response systems around the world,” said Trae Stephens, Partner at Founders Fund. “Carbyne’s technology will replace outdated infrastructure and provide powerful new capabilities to first responders.”
“Founders Fund’s participation in this investment round is extremely significant,” said Carbyne Founder & CEO Amir Elichai. “Aside from the enormous pride we take in being their first investment in Israel, the value brought by such a fund – which helped build some of Silicon Valley’s legendary companies – is enormous. We are looking at a vast market with enormous potential and we’re only just scratching the surface. We couldn’t ask for a better partner for our team, this is only the beginning of our transformation of the global emergency communication ecosystem. Special thanks to Nicole Junkermann and the team at NJF Capital who provided valuable partnership and investor advice, introducing us to the brilliant people at Founders Fund. I’m looking forward to working with them all in the future.”
“People expect cutting-edge, highly effective services when it comes to emergencies and public safety,” said former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, Carbyne’s Chairman of the Board and seed investor. “That is what makes Carbyne and its wide-ranging, advanced technologies so in demand. Their founders and the team are so creative, focused and energetic that I’m confident that, with the entry of Founders Fund, a great future lies ahead for the company.”
“I am delighted to continue to be working with Amir and his excellent team in helping them develop Carbyne into the go-to solution for 911 systems operators around the world”, said Carbyne Board Member Nicole Junkermann and NJF Capital.
The Carbyne ecosystem includes four distinct segments, integrated to deliver enhanced capabilities to Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs):
- 1. Data Sources: At the front end of the ecosystem are powerful, proprietary data gathering and enrichment tools. Source agnostic, these tools gather and process location information from multiple technologies: video – from mobile phones and surveillance cameras; voice (IP, TDM); chat and more. All this can be carried out without requesting the user to download the Carbyne App, c-Now.
- 2. Global Infrastructure: Behind these tools sits a robust, high-availability, globally-distributed infrastructure. This infrastructure, built to telco-grade “five 9s” SLA, is designed to fall back to VoIP in disaster scenarios. In addition, Carbyne provides a “PSAP in the Cloud,” cross-region deployment option that supports service continuity during mass outage events. During a call, Carbyne’s advanced algorithms monitor and automatically prioritize the information coming in to the PSAP to protect against bandwidth variances compromising the most critical information. Carbyne has received ISO27001 certification, is compliant with GDPR for all deployments, and utilizes military-grade security protocols to ensure that citizen’s information is never compromised.
- 3. Next Generation Call Handling: The centerpiece of the ecosystem sits within the PSAP: Carbyne’s NG911 call handling system. Built from the ground up for NG911 on top tier PBX solutions, Carbyne’s platform puts the most relevant and accurate information in front of call-takers with an intuitive user interface. With video and location-enhanced call prioritization, live-map functionality and multiple deployment options, Carbyne’s call-handling solutions are a significant step forward for Emergency Services technology. Carbyne recently released a Next Generation 911 plugin (c-Lite) that can work in conjunction with an agency’s legacy call handling software to provide NG911 capabilities (no integration necessary).
- 4. Record Management System: The final segment in the ecosystem is Carbyne’s CRM platform, which allows for recording of all supported interactions between call-takers and callers. This includes the ability to record video from a caller even if call-takers decide to switch off the video on their screen.
As a result of these capabilities, Carbyne has seen a 65% reduction in time to dispatch with their current installations. This type of transformative change has attracted great interest– Carbyne has recently expanded its client base in the U.S., Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
About Founders Fund
Founders Fund invests in science and technology companies solving difficult problems. The firm has been an early backer of some of the most impactful companies of the past decade, including SpaceX, Palantir, Facebook and Airbnb. Founders Fund pursues a founder-friendly investment strategy, providing maximum support with minimum interference.
For more information, visit www.foundersfund.com.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.