– UK, London – Vedanta Resources plc announces the following changes to the composition of its Board and Committees with effect from the conclusion of the Company’s 2013 Annual General Meeting held on 1 August 2013:
- · Naresh Chandra will retire from the Board, and as Senior Independent Director, the Chairman of the Remuneration and Sustainability Committees and a member of the Audit and Nominations Committees, having served nine years on the Board.
- · Aman Mehta will become the Senior Independent Director.
- · Deepak Parekh has been appointed as member of the Audit and Nominations Committees.
- · Geoffrey Green has been appointed as a member of the Remuneration Committee.
- · Euan Macdonald has been appointed as the Chairman of the Remuneration and Sustainability Committees.
Commenting on the changes, Anil Agarwal, Executive Chairman of Vedanta said: “I would like to thank Naresh Chandra for his significant contribution to the Board and its Committees over the last nine years. The changes announced today are in line with the on-going programme to ensure that we have the optimum balance of skills, knowledge, diversity and experience on the Board.”
About Vedanta Resources plc
Vedanta Resources plc is a London listed FTSE 100 diversified global natural resources major. The group produces aluminium, copper, zinc, lead, silver, iron ore, oil & gas and commercial energy. Vedanta has operations in India, Zambia, Namibia, South Africa, Ireland, Liberia, Australia and Sri Lanka. With an empowered talent pool globally, Vedanta places strong emphasis on partnering with all its stakeholders based on the core values of entrepreneurship, excellence, trust, inclusiveness and growth.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.