– FRANCE, Paris – AlgoTherapeutix today announced strengthening its Board of Directors with the appointments of Dr. Edmund Harrigan, MD, and Scott Byrd as Independent Directors.
Founded in 2018 to design topical treatments for complex pain, the company is developing ATX01 in Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. The appointments follow the recent Series A fundraising just as ATX01 initiates Clinical Development.
“The addition of Ed and Scott to our Board is a momentous opportunity to add depth and scope to our strategic and operational development, in a field they both know very well from complementary angles.” said Chairman & CEO, Stéphane Thiroloix.
Ed Harrigan and Scott Byrd join Board Members :
- Olivier Bohuon, co-founder of AlgoTherapeutix and Chairman of the Board of Leo Pharma,
- Thibaut Roulon, Senior Investment Director at Bpifrance,
- Claire Poulard, Principal at Omnes Capital,
- Hugues Le Bret, President of the Supervisory Board at Compte-Nickel.
About Dr. Ed Harrigan
Dr. Ed Harrigan has served as a director of Acadia since November 2015. Ed served as SVP of Worldwide Safety and Regulatory for Pfizer Inc. from 2012 to 2015. Ed’s previous executive leadership roles at Pfizer include SVP, Head of Worldwide Business Development, SVP, Head of Worldwide Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, VP, Head of Neuroscience and Ophthalmology, VP, Clinical Development, Therapeutic Area Head, CNS, and Pain.
He currently serves as a director of Acadia Pharma, Incyte Corporation, and PhaseBio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and is a member of the Scientific Advisory Boards of Alzheon, Inc. and Karuna Therapeutics, Inc.
Before entering the pharmaceutical industry in 1990, Ed was a practicing neurologist for seven years.
Ed earned his B.A. degree in Chemistry from St. Anselm College, his M.D. from the University of Massachusetts, and trained in neurology at Boston University.
About Scott Byrd
Scott Byrd currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Acacia Pharma Group plc., Founder and CEO of Pioneer Therapeutics, and is an Entrepreneur-in-Residence with Frazier Life Sciences. Previously, he was CEO at Outpost Medicine, a Frazier portfolio company.
Before Outpost, Scott was President and COO of Acacia Pharma, Inc. From 2009 to 2014, he was SVP and Chief Commercial Officer of Cadence Pharmaceuticals until its acquisition by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals for $1.4 billion. Earlier in his career, Scott served in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility at Eli Lilly and Company, including sales, marketing, development, manufacturing, and strategic planning.
Scott holds a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Bradley University and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
AlgoTherapeutix develops therapeutic solutions for complex pain through topical re-positioning of validated drug actives. Our first program, ATx-001, targets severe pain of the hands and feet caused by Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy.
For more information: https://algotx.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.