– UK, Oxford – Oxford Biomedica Plc (LON: OXB), a leading gene and cell therapy group, today announces the appointment of Robert Ghenchev to the Board as a Non-Executive Director as of 24 June 2019.
Lorenzo Tallarigo, Chairman of Oxford Biomedica, said: “I am delighted to welcome Robert to the Board of Oxford Biomedica. Robert has a proven track record of helping to grow life sciences companies in the US and Europe as an advisor and an investor. His industry knowledge is directly aligned with Oxford Biomedica’s strategy to take advantage of our leading position with lentiviral vectors, both with our partners and through our own in-house expertise.”
From 24 June 2019, the composition of the Board of Oxford Biomedica is as follows:
- Dr. Lorenzo Tallarigo, Non-Executive Chairman
- John Dawson, Chief Executive Officer
- Stuart Paynter, Chief Financial Officer
- Dr. Andrew Heath, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Stuart Henderson, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Martin Diggle, Non-Executive Director
- Dr. Heather Preston, Independent Non-Executive Director
- Robert Ghenchev; Non-Executive Director
About Robert Ghenchev
Mr Ghenchev is currently a Director in the Principal Investments team of Novo Holdings with responsibility for Growth Equity investments. Prior to joining Novo Holdings, Robert was Senior Vice President at Moelis & Company in London where he was focused on mergers and acquisitions within the Healthcare Industry. Prior to Moelis, Robert was part of the UK Mergers & Acquisitions team at Deutsche Bank in London.
Robert Ghenchev, said: “Novo Holdings is committed to supporting companies developing cutting-edge science that makes a real difference to patients and society. Oxford Biomedica is a global scientific and manufacturing leader in lentiviral vectors and I am excited by the prospects for the Group which is at the forefront of what is a gene and cell therapy revolution. I am looking forward to working with Oxford Biomedica and supporting the Group going forward.”
Mr Ghenchev holds a J.Hons. B.A. degree in Finance and Economics from McGill University and an M.Sc. degree in Financial Economics from the University of Oxford.
About Oxford Biomedica
Oxford Biomedica is a leading gene and cell therapy group focused on developing life-changing treatments for serious diseases. Oxford Biomedica and its subsidiaries have built a sector leading lentiviral vector delivery platform, which the Group leverages to develop in vivo and ex vivo products both in-house and with partners. The Group has created a valuable proprietary portfolio of gene and cell therapy product candidates in the areas of oncology, ophthalmology and CNS disorders. The Group has also entered into a number of partnerships, including with Novartis, Sanofi, Axovant Gene Therapies, Orchard Therapeutics, Boehringer Ingelheim, the UK Cystic Fibrosis Gene Therapy Consortium and Imperial Innovations, through which it has long-term economic interests in other potential gene and cell therapy products. Oxford Biomedica is based across several locations in Oxfordshire, UK and employs more than 430 people.
For more information: http://www.oxfordbiomedica.co.uk
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.