– UK, London – CentralNic (AIM:CNIC), the internet platform business which derives revenues from the worldwide distribution of internet domain names, today announces that Glenn Hayward has joined the Board of CentralNic plc as Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
Mr. Hayward has considerable experience in the technology sector and, more specifically, the domain name industry. He joins the Board of CentralNic from Nominet, the company responsible for the .uk internet domain, where he was Executive Director, Business Development Director and Finance Director.
Ben Crawford, Chief Executive Officer of CentralNic plc, said: “We are delighted that Glenn has joined the CentralNic Board. His expertise gained with one of the world’s leading domain name registries will be particularly advantageous to the Company, and his appointment is very timely as CentralNic enters into a year of rapid growth, as we expand our business globally, and as we launch new Top-Level Domains like .website, .college, .wiki, .bar, .fans and .xyz.”
Prior to his role at Nominet, Glenn held the role of Business Analysis Manager at easyJet, as well as the role of Finance Director at Northgate Information Solutions. In 2011 Glenn was honoured with Financial Director of the Future at the 2011 Financial Director Excellence Awards, an award endorsed by the CBI and ICAEW.
Donald Baladasan, current Interim Chief Financial Officer, CentralNic Group plc has now stepped down from the board and will continue to work at the Company during a handover period on a consultancy basis, assisting Mr. Hayward in his new role.
About CentralNic Group plc
- CentralNic (LSE: CNIC) is a leading provider of registry services to the global market for domain names and is headquartered in London. The Company has developed a proprietary platform for powering and distributing domain names, and is the exclusive global distributor for domains using 55 different domain extensions.
- CentralNic’s distribution network includes 1500 registrars – entities such as GoDaddy and Network Solutions in over 80 countries that retail domain names directly to the public and wholesale them through an additional network of over 100,000 resellers. End users register these domain names as an address for their websites, as a defensive measure to protect their brands online, as a method of capturing internet traffic and achieving desired rankings on search engines, and as an investment.
- CentralNic distributes domains on behalf of their clients – owners or rights-holders – on a revenue share basis. CentralNic-distributed domains use an annual registration fee model, paid in advance by the end users, providing a predictable annuity revenue stream for both CentralNic and its clients.
- CentralNic was selected as the Registry Service Provider and distributor for over 60 applications for new Top-Level Domains (TLDs) – a program devised by the domain industry regulator ICANN to supplement the existing TLDs such as .com and .co.uk with new domain extensions in the most significant change to the internet since its inception. Thirty-one of CentralNic’s clients’ applications have already passed through the ICANN approval and contention resolution processes and will be launched by CentralNic. CentralNic will also be distributing additional TLDs from a further list of 28 that have passed initial evaluation and are currently in the process risk assessment and/or contestation resolution, including .app, .art, .blog, .law, .llc, .mail, .news, and school.
- CentralNic’s clients acquiring and funding these new TLDs include a number of successful entrepreneurs as well as Global 1000 companies such as Saudi Telecom, Qatar Telecom, Etisalat and Kuwait Finance House, and media and entertainment industry leaders The Guardian and William Morris Endeavor.
- CentralNic is itself the rights holder for 24 domain extensions, including .us.com, .eu.com, .uk.com, .ru.com and .cn.com. It therefore retains 100% of the wholesale revenues for domains using those domain extensions.
- CentralNic is the owner of a portfolio of premium domain names including 18 two-letter .com domains including http://us.com and http://uk.com.
- In addition to its growth as a global distributor of domain names, the Directors believe that there is potential for CentralNic to also become a significant retailer of domain names direct to end users, and CentralNic has already obtained the necessary accreditations, built the technology, signed initial contracts and commenced trading as a domain name retailer.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.