– USA, CA – The California Integrated Data Exchange (Cal INDEX) today announced the appointment of Sharp HealthCare President and CEO Michael W. Murphy to its five-member Board of Directors. He replaces David T. Feinberg, M.D., on the Cal INDEX board.
Since 1996, Mr. Murphy has served as president and chief executive officer of the San Diego-based Sharp HealthCare, a not-for-profit integrated regional healthcare delivery system. He oversees more than 16,000 employees, 2,600 affiliated physicians and 2,100 volunteers who provide care and service in a fully integrated not-for-profit system.
“Mike’s strong track record of success in leading a large integrated healthcare delivery system will be invaluable to Cal INDEX as we add participants and bring on new services. His significant experience will help us as we pursue our goal of creating the next-generation health information exchange for all Californians,” said David Watson, chief executive officer of Cal INDEX.
“I am honored to be joining the Cal INDEX board because of its commitment to excellence and to ensuring that patients receive the best and safest care possible,” said Mr. Murphy. “I look forward to bringing my organizational, provider, and service experiences from Sharp HealthCare to the board.”
Mr. Murphy joins four other Cal INDEX board members:
- Jean S. Fraser (vice chairman), chief of the San Mateo County Health System; public administrator and public guardian for San Mateo County
- Hector Flores, M.D. (secretary), co-founder and medical director of the Family Care Specialists Medical Group; chairman of White Memorial Medical Center’s (WMMC) Department of Family Medicine; member of the Board of Directors of Blue Shield of California
- Mark Savage (consumer representative), director of health information technology policy and programs for the National Partnership for Women & Families
- Beth Ginzinger, R.N., M.B.A., vice president of Provider Joint Ventures for Anthem Blue Cross’ West Region
About Cal INDEX
California Integrated Data Exchange (Cal INDEX) is an independent, nonprofit organization that is developing a statewide, next-generation health information exchange (HIE). This comprehensive collection of electronic patient records will include clinical data from healthcare providers and health insurers. Cal INDEX will provide the underlying data and technology platform to improve quality of care by providing clinicians with a unified statewide source of integrated patient information, as well as improve efficiency and reduce the cost of healthcare.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.