– UK, London – Vodafone Group Plc today announced the appointment of Sir Crispin Davis as a Non-Executive Director with effect 28 July 2014.
Sir Crispin was the Chief Executive of Reed Elsevier plc from 1999 to 2009. He was previously Chief Executive of Aegis Group plc and the Group Managing Director of Guinness Group plc (now Diageo plc). Sir Crispin began his executive career with Procter & Gamble, where he held a variety of senior management roles including as President of the Company’s North American Food Business. In his non-executive career, Sir Crispin was the Chairman of StarBev Consumer Industries B.V. from 2009 to 2012 and was a Non-Executive Director on the Board of GlaxoSmithKline plc from 2003 to 2013, where he chaired the Remuneration Committee. Currently an advisor to CVC Capital Partners, Sir Crispin was knighted in 2004 for services to publishing and information. He is an Oxford University Trustee and Member of the University Board. Upon appointment, Sir Crispin will join the Audit and Risk Committee.
Vodafone also announced that Alan Jebson and Anthony Watson will not seek re-election at the Company’s Annual General Meeting in July 2014 and intend to stand down from the Board with effect from that date. Anthony Watson joined the Board in May 2006 and Alan Jebson in December 2006.
Vodafone Group Chairman Gerard Kleisterlee said: “Sir Crispin is an accomplished business leader with extensive experience of international consumer markets. I am delighted to welcome him to the Vodafone Board. Alan and Tony have made a significant contribution to the development of Vodafone over the last eight years and leave with our thanks and best wishes for the future.”
In addition, Vodafone announced the following changes to its Board with effect from the date of the Annual General Meeting in July 2014:
- Val Gooding will join the Remuneration Committee;
- Omid Kordestani will join the Nominations and Governance Committee; and
- Philip Yea will join the Audit and Risk Committee and will stand down from the Remuneration Committee.
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies with approximately 419 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as of 31 December 2013. Vodafone has equity interests in telecommunications operations in nearly 30 countries and around 50 partner networks worldwide.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.