– UK, Newburyn – Vodafone Group Plc (LSE:VOD), today announced that Nick Land, currently Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee, and Philip Yea, currently Senior Independent Director and member of the Audit and Risk Committee and the Nominations and Governance Committee, will not seek re-election at the Company’s Annual General Meeting in July 2017 after more than ten years of service.
Therefore, Vodafone will make the following changes to its Board with effect from 28 July 2017:
- Val Gooding will be appointed as Senior Independent Director;
- David Nish will be appointed Chairman of the Audit and Risk Committee;
- Renee James and Sir Crispin Davis will become members of the Nominations and Governance Committee;
- Maria Amparo Moraleda Martinez will become a member of the Audit and Risk Committee.
Vodafone Group Chairman Gerard Kleisterlee said: “On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Nick and Philip for their significant contribution to Vodafone over the years and wish them well for the future.”
About Vodafone Group
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies and provides a range of services including voice, messaging, data and fixed communications. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries, partners with mobile networks in 49 more, and fixed broadband operations in 17 markets. As of 31 December 2016, Vodafone had 470 million mobile customers and 14.3 million fixed broadband customers.
For more information : http://www.vodafone.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.