– USA, FL – Virtus Pharmaceuticals LLC today announced that Tina Guilder has joined as Chief Executive Officer. Ms. Guilder served most recently as President and CEO of TWi Pharmaceuticals. Prior to TWi Pharmaceuticals, Ms. Guilder was Vice President of Business Development and Alliance Management for Teva Pharmaceuticals. Ms. Guilder has spent the last twenty years in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries spanning corporate strategy, finance, and business development with a particular focus on generic and specialty products. Ms. Guilder has an undergraduate and master in business administration from the University of Southern California.
“We are excited about the market leadership that Tina brings to Virtus,” said Kevin Connelly, Board Member and former CEO of VersaPharm. “Tina’s expertise in identifying and executing acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing, and alliance opportunities in the generics space will complement our current team’s capabilities and accelerate our growth.”
“Over the last year, Linden Capital Partners and the Virtus team have made strategic investments in people and infrastructure,” commented Ms. Guilder. “I’m eager to lead the team, building on the momentum in our niche product areas and expanding into strategic adjacent categories.” Linden Capital Partners, a Chicago-based, healthcare focused private equity, made a strategic investment in Virtus in July of 2014.
About Virtus Pharmaceuticals
Virtus Pharmaceuticals, LLC is a high-growth specialty generic pharmaceuticals company with strong market positions in niche generic categories and prescription vitamin supplements. The Company develops and markets prescription products to pharmaceutical wholesalers and retailers across the U.S. with a current product portfolio of approximately 90 SKUs. Virtus operates a nimble business model through strong outsourced manufacturing partnerships with a focused product portfolio, exclusive licenses and in-house expertise.
About Linden Capital Partners
Linden Capital Partners is a Chicago-based private equity firm with $1.3 billion in assets under management and focused exclusively on leveraged buyouts in the healthcare and life science industries. Linden’s strategy is based upon three elements:
- i) healthcare and life science industry specialization,
- ii) integrated private equity and operating expertise, and
- iii) strategic relationships with large corporations.
Linden invests in middle market platforms in the medical products, specialty distribution, pharmaceutical, and services segments of healthcare.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.