– USA, MI – TCF Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: TCF), today introduced its board of directors, following the successful closing of the merger of equals between legacy TCF Financial Corporation and Chemical Financial Corporation.
The board of directors is comprised of 16 diverse leaders: eight from legacy TCF and eight from Chemical.
As previously disclosed, TCF’s board of directors will include the following board members:
- Gary Torgow is executive chairman, formerly served as chairman at Chemical
- David T. Provost is executive vice-chairman, formerly served as president and CEO at Chemical
- Vance K. Opperman is lead independent director, formerly served as lead director at legacy TCF
- Craig R. Dahl is president and CEO, formerly served as chairman, president and CEO at legacy TCF
The following are newly named directors to TCF’s board.
From legacy TCF:
- Peter Bell, former chair of the Metropolitan Council
- Karen L. Grandstrand, shareholder at Fredrickson & Byron
- Richard H. King, EVP, operations at Thomson Reuters
- Roger J. Sit, CEO, global chief investment officer and director at Sit Investment Associates
- Julie H. Sullivan, president at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota
- Theresa M. H. Wise, CEO and principal, Utaza, LLC
- Ronald A. Klein, director and CEO, Origen Financial, Inc.
- Barbara J. Mahone, retired executive director, human resources at General Motors
- Barbara L. McQuade, law professor at the University of Michigan
- Jeffrey L. Tate, vice president and business finance director, packaging and specialty plastics segment at The Dow Chemical Company
- Arthur A. Weiss, shareholder and chairman of the board at Jaffe, Raitt, Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
- Franklin C. Wheatlake, chairman, Utility Supply and Construction Company
“We have assembled a strong board of directors that brings complementary strengths and deep expertise from both organizations,” said Gary Torgow, TCF’s executive chairman of the board of directors. “The board is comprised of accomplished leaders with decades of experience who I am confident will provide strong leadership and governance to the New TCF board while driving long-term shareholder value.”
“Our board is primed to provide leadership regarding TCF’s strategy of innovation, growth and reinvestment that benefits all of our stakeholders,” said Craig. R. Dahl, TCF’s president and CEO. “We are especially proud that our board of directors is reflective of our team members at TCF—a group of exceptional leaders with diverse backgrounds who will benefit the company for years to come.”
About TCF Financial Corporation
TCF Financial Corporation is a Detroit, Michigan-based financial holding company with over $47 billion in total assets and a top 10 deposit market share in the Midwest. TCF’s primary banking subsidiary, TCF National Bank, is a premier Midwest bank offering consumer and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and specialty leasing and lending products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. TCF has more than 500 branches primarily located in Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota with additional locations in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. TCF also conducts business across all 50 states and Canada through its specialty lending and leasing businesses.
For more information: https://www.tcfbank.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.