– SWITZERLAND, Basel – Syngenta International AG (SWX:SYNN) and ChemChina, today announced changes relating to the new Board of Directors of Syngenta following the closing of the ChemChina transaction.
Four of Syngenta’s existing Board members will become Independent Directors with effect from the change of control, which will take place on 18 May subject to acceptance of the ChemChina offer by at least 67 percent of all Syngenta shares.
The Independent Directors are:
- Michel Demaré, Vice Chairman and Lead Independent Director (Swiss/ Belgian)
- Jürg Witmer (Swiss)
- Eveline Saupper (Swiss)
- Gunnar Brock (Swedish)
The Independent Directors will be proposed for re-election at the Annual General Meeting to be held on 26 June. At the same time four Directors will be proposed for election upon nomination by ChemChina:
- Ren Jianxin, Chairman (Chinese)
- Chen Hongbo (Chinese)
- Olivier T. de Clermont-Tonnerre (French)
- Dieter A. Gericke (Swiss)
The Independent Directors have no affiliation with ChemChina or its affiliates. Certain matters, such as any reduction in Syngenta’s R&D budget below a specified level and any change in the location of its headquarters, require the affirmative vote of at least two Independent Directors.
As of the end of the AGM on 26 June four members of Syngenta’s current Board of Directors – Vinita Bali, Eleni Gabre-Madhin, David Lawrence and Stefan Borgas – will step down.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
For more information : http://www.syngenta.com
ChemChina, which is headquartered in Beijing, China, possesses production, R&D and marketing systems in 150 countries and regions. It is the largest chemical corporation in China, and occupies the 234th position among the Fortune Global 500. The company’s main businesses include materials science, life science, high-end manufacturing and basic chemicals, among others. Previously, ChemChina has successfully acquired 9 leading industrial companies in France, United Kingdom, Israel, Italy and Germany, etc.
For more information : http://www.chemchina.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.