– USA, NY – StellaService, Inc. today announced it has raised $15 million in Series C funding led by Comcast Ventures. The round included new investors Novel TMT and Toba Capital. Previous investors Battery Ventures, Gotham Ventures, RRE Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners also participated.
StellaService’s new round of funding follows a year of strong momentum, including:
- Continued growth of client roster with many of the most recognizable retail brands in the world, from GNC to Zappos
- Deepened data licensing relationship with Google, which leverages StellaService data in Seller Ratings on both Google Shopping and AdWords
- International expansion of both data collection and clients
- More than 100 retailers using StellaService data in online advertising campaigns
- Enhancement of the Stella Metrics analytics platform for greater speed, granularity and customization of the industry’s most comprehensive customer service metrics and insights
“StellaService has become the go-to source for insight into customer care and fulfillment operations at a time when the end-to-end customer experience has become an even more impactful piece of the ecommerce stack,” StellaService Chief Executive Jordy Leiser said. “Savvy retailers have realized that the service experience is the differentiator, and we’re excited to continue expanding the window into the metrics that drive sales and loyalty.”
Comcast Ventures, the venture capital affiliate of Comcast Corp., invests in innovative businesses in the digital advertising, consumer, enterprise and infrastructure spaces. Comcast Ventures Managing Partner Sam Landman will take an Observer seat on the StellaService Board of Directors.
“StellaService’s pioneering approach to customer service data aggregation has enabled the company to build a new industry standard used to measure a customer’s journey and improve upon the customer experience,” said Sam Landman, Managing Director at Comcast Ventures. “As customer service becomes a critical competitive vector for all companies, StellaService is uniquely positioned to help their partners succeed.”
Each day, StellaService measures the customer service, shipping, delivery and returns of the largest retailers in the country by ordering and returning real products and calling, emailing and live chatting with sales and service teams – all anonymous to the retailer. The company leverages a rigorous methodology for collecting data and measuring the speed and quality of every customer touch point. By partnering with StellaService, major retailers can analyze service efforts and objectively compare performance against any of their competitors on an ongoing basis, across every service channel [Case Study: Brooks Brothers]. Additionally, retailers leverage StellaService data to drive ROI on digital ad spend [Case Study: MR PORTER].
StellaService operates a team of analysts and highly trained mystery shoppers in the U.S. and U.K. dedicated to stress testing the operational performance of online retailers. The measurement process is audited by global auditing and accounting firm KPMG.
The data collected is available to clients through the Stella Metrics online portal, which enables retailers to objectively measure their performance and track competitors to optimize service efforts for cost savings and increased sales.
The new round of funding will support expansion of the StellaService team and product offerings that help retail executives enhance operational performance by measuring, benchmarking and improving service quality.
StellaService also announced the addition of Doug Lebda to its Board of Directors. Lebda is Founder, Chief Executive and Chairman of LendingTree, Inc.
With this Series C financing, StellaService has now raised a total of $37 million.
StellaService is dedicated to creating a world with great customer service – helping consumers find it and helping businesses achieve it. The company leverages a network of full-time mystery shoppers to evaluate each site undercover, ensuring findings that are unbiased and true to the shopping experience. Based in New York, the company operates a syndicated data platform called Stella Metrics for monitoring and benchmarking customer service performance across hundreds of metrics. In addition, the company publishes reports and other research – such as Bright, a publication reporting on trends in customer care and fulfillment – to help companies worldwide improve their service operations.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.