– FRANCE, Grenoble – Spartoo, Europe’s leader of online retail in shoes and fashion, has nominated Antoine Metzger its Board of Directors as an independent director. This nomination is consistent with the group’s desire to expand into physical distribution and accelerate the development of its own brands.
Antoine Metzger (HEC, 77) has a dual expertise in distribution and distance selling. He was Chief Financial Officer for La Redoute for six years and Secretary-General of the Redcats groupfor eight years. Antoine Metzger was the Chief Executive Officer for Vivarte (Minelli, André, La Halle etc..) from 2000 to 2012 and contributed to the expansion of the group. Antoine Metzger is also an independent Director for Darty Plc and Gerard Darel.
“The nomination of Antoine Metzger is a very good thing for the group. His extensive experience in the areas of e-commerce and distribution of ready-to-wear clothing and shoes will be a valuable asset in the Board,” states Boris Saragaglia, Spartoo CEO. “His arrival is particularly relevant as it coincides with the upcoming opening of our first store and the launch of our own brands,” concludes Boris Saragaglia.
“I am very pleased to join the Board of Directors of Spartoo.com and I want to contribute my experience and my knowledge of the industry towards the development of this great company,” says Antoine Metzger. “Development prospects in terms of a physical network, international expansion and diversification of product offers open real opportunities for profitable growth and it is with pleasure that I will help this dynamic management team in its strategic choices, “concludes Antoine Metzger.
This nomination is effective since the end of December 2014.
Spartoo.com in figures :
- More than 14 million unique visitors each month in Europe.
- Turnover 2013 : 130 M€
- Employees : 200
- Awarded for most progress in the category of preferred brands in France, according to OC&C (2014).
- Awarded for most progress in the category of OC&C brand attractiveness (2014).
- Rhône-Alpes Entrepreneur Award at BFM Awards (2012).
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.