– CANADA, Mississauga – Skylight Health Group Inc. (TSX: SHG | OTC: SHGFF) today announced the appointment of Grace Mellis to its Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to welcome Grace Mellis as a new independent director to the Skylight board,” said Co-founder and CEO, Prad Sekar. “The addition of Ms. Mellis, who brings significant strategic management and finance expertise into her role as board member, complements our existing board of directors’ skills and experiences, and offers a deep understanding of the US capital markets which we will utilize as a strategic resource as we continue to broaden our shareholder base. The US capital markets is looking for exposure to primary care clinics and I believe this story will be best received by American investors who understand first-hand this trillion-dollar healthcare opportunity.”
About Grace Mellis
Ms. Mellis has a robust background in strategy and finance leadership roles with over 28 years of success and experience:
- Almost a decade at JP Morgan Chase serving as Managing Director, Head of International Strategy, and Investor Services CFO for EMEA within the Corporate and Investment Bank.
- Former CFO and VP of Corporate Finance and Business Intelligence at Greendot Corporation, a US $3.1B market cap NYSE listed company.
- Founder and director of IGA Capital which provides consulting and advisory services to primarily early-stage companies.
- Mentor and investor with Techstars, a global start-up incubation platform.
She holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Harvard University.
Ms. Mellis commented, “I am honored to join Skylight in this exciting time and help to drive our expansion strategy forward and build deeper relationships with our practices and patients across the United States. I look forward to working with the skilled board of directors as we continue to execute our strategy, drive profitability, and enhance value for all our shareholders.”
About Skylight Health Group
Skylight Health Group is a healthcare services and technology company, working to positively impact patient health outcomes. The Company operates a US multi-state health network that comprises physical multi-disciplinary medical clinics providing a range of services from primary care, sub-specialty, allied health, and laboratory/diagnostic testing. The Company owns and operates a proprietary electronic health record system that supports the delivery of care to patients via telemedicine and other remote monitoring system integrations. With a patient roster of over 150,000 patients, the Company’s operations servicing 15 states and continues to expand in services and locations both organically and by way of strategic acquisitions.
The Company primarily operates a traditional insurable fee-for-service model contracting with Medicare, Medicaid, and other Commercial Payors. The Company also offers a disruptive subscription-based telemedicine service for the un/under-insured population who have limited access to urgent care due to cost.
For more information: https://skylighthealthgroup.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.