– USA, NC – SCYNEXIS, Inc.(NASDAQ: SCYX), the Drug discovery and development company today announced the following changes to its Board of Directors:
- Guy Macdonald has been appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective as of June 4, 2015. Mr. Macdonald has been an independent director at SCYNEXIS since November 2014. Mr. Macdonald will continue to serve on the company’s compensation committee.
- Pamela J. Kirby, Ph.D., did not stand for reelection and has retired from SCYNEXIS’ Board, effective June 4, 2015. Dr. Kirby joined the Board in December 2004, and has served as Chairman of the Board since January 2006.
- Laurent Arthaud and Jean-Yves Nothias, Ph.D., also did not stand for reelection and have retired from SCYNEXIS’ Board, effective June 4, 2015. Mr. Arthaud and Dr. Nothias joined SCYNEXIS’ Board in 2007 and 2000, respectively, at the time of venture capital investments made in the company by their affiliated funds, prior to SCYNEXIS’ initial public offering.
SCYNEXIS’ Board of Directors now comprises seven members, as follows: Marco Taglietti, M.D., SCYNEXIS’ Chief Executive Officer; Yves Ribeill, Ph.D., SCYNEXIS’ President; and five independent directors, Mr. Macdonald, Steven C. Gilman, Ph.D., Ann F. Hanham, Ph.D., Patrick J. Langlois, Ph.D., and Edward E. Penhoet, Ph.D.
“Guy Macdonald has been a strong contributor to the Board since his appointment last year, bringing great insights and expertise arising from his successful experiences with drug development and commercialization, particularly within the field of anti-infectives, and I look forward to Guy’s continued contributions from his new leadership position on our Board,” said Dr. Taglietti. “On behalf of the Board of Directors and the company, I would like to thank Pam, Laurent and Jean-Yves for their collective strategic guidance and oversight as we’ve grown from a privately-held services-based organization to a clinically-focused public company.”
Mr. Macdonald is President, Chief Executive Officer and board member of Tetraphase Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel antibiotics for multidrug-resistant infections. Prior to joining Tetraphase in 2008, he was the Executive Vice President of Operations at Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and held various positions at Merck & Co., most recently as Vice President for Anti-infective and Hospital Products.
About SCYNEXIS, Inc.
SCYNEXIS is a pharmaceutical company committed to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel anti-infectives to address significant unmet therapeutic needs. We are developing our lead product candidate, SCY-078, as an oral and intravenous (IV) drug for the treatment of serious and life-threatening invasive fungal infections in humans.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.