These directorate changes form part of an on-going reorganisation of the group’s board following the redomiciliation to Bermuda and further changes are expected to be announced over the coming months.
Alastair Campbell, aged 68 qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1968. After qualifying he worked with PKF Littlejohn LLP, becoming a partner in 1970. Between 1984 and 1998 he acted as the Senior Partner and Chairman of the firm. Following his retirement in 2010 he has worked as a consultant and expert witness on a number of accounting related projects. For some 20 years he was a member of the Insurance Industries Sub-Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, which considers all aspects of accounting, auditing and reporting of insurance entities. He is a member of the Academy of Experts, which promotes high objective standards for experts.
Ken Randall, Chairman and CEO of R&Q: “We would like to thank Paul for his guidance and counsel to the group since becoming a non-executive director in 2007 and we wish him well following his retirement from the board.
We are delighted to welcome Alastair to the R&Q board and look forward to the benefit of his experience as the development of the group continues.”
Since formation, Randall & Quilter has pursued a buy and build strategy to create a comprehensive range of investment activities and services in the global non-life insurance market and is focused on the following three core areas:
· Insurance Investments;
· Insurance Services; and
· Underwriting Management
· provides a range of services to both the live and legacy (re)insurance markets to support growing businesses and address problematic run-off issues.
· has a team of up to 350 insurance professionals based in the UK, USA, Bermuda, and Continental Europe with wide service capability in both the ‘live’ and ‘run-off’ market;
· has a current portfolio of 14 insurance companies and captives in run-off (from the UK, US and Continental Europe) with net assets of c.£96.4m as at 30 June 2013
· owns a Bermuda Class 3A insurance company which currently supports the Group’s four syndicate participations;
· has launched Syndicate 1991 which commenced underwriting from January 1, 2013 with a Capacity of £150m for 2014, provides ‘turnkey’ management services to Lloyd’s syndicate 1897, manages two RITC (‘run-off’) syndicates and owns and operates 3 MGA business units; and
· acquires and manages a portfolio of insurance receivables, with a carrying cost of c. £8.9m as at 30 June 2013;
The Group was founded by Ken Randall, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive, and Alan Quilter, Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Group Chief Executive.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Comments are closed.