– MALAYSIA, Kuala Lumpur – PureCircle Limited (LON: PURE), the world’s leading producer and innovator of great-tasting stevia, today announced the following changes to its management team and board committees.
- James Ritchie has been appointed Chief Restructuring Officer and Interim CFO with immediate effect.
- Guy Wollaert has been appointed Chair of the Remuneration Committee and will step down as Chair of Nomination Committee
- Ali bin Abdul Kadir, Datuk joins the Audit Committee as Chairman
- Robert Cheim Dau Meng, Dato’, joins the Remuneration Committee and Nomination Committee
- Wan Azmi Wan Hamzah, Tan Sri joins the Nomination Committee
- Rosemarie Andolino joins the Nomination Committee and the Remuneration Committee
- John Slosar, currently a member of the Nomination Committee, has been appointed as Chair
In addition to these changes, Guy Wollaert has been appointed as Senior Independent Director. Guy was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of the Company on 10 July 2015 and this Senior Independent Director appointment is in addition to his role on the Board Committees.
PureCircle is the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
PureCircle will continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies.
PureCircle stevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
Founded in 2002, PureCircle is continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it has been granted over 130 stevia-related patents with more than 250 applied for patents pending.
PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners, PureCircle is rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
PureCircle’s shares are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
For more information : https://purecircle.com
Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
Stevia leaf extract is a natural-based, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, China and the US.
The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 350 times sweeter than sugar: stevia’s high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. All major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
Stevia has strong environmental benefits when compared to sugar requiring less water, less land area and having a lower carbon footprint.
For more information : https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.