– RUSSIA, Togliatti / FRANCE, Paris – AVTOVAZ Group announced today that Executives from the Renault-Nissan Alliance were elected to its Board of Directors during its Annual General Shareholders Meeting which took place in Togliatti (Russia) today.
The Board elections coincided with a financial update by AVTOVAZ at the Shareholders Meeting, where the company confirmed that it is on track towards a financial recovery in 2018. The turnaround strategy was endorsed at a meeting of the AVTOVAZ Board today.
The following individuals were elected to the Board of Directors of AVTOVAZ:
– Gaspar Gascon Abellan, Executive Vice President Engineering, Groupe Renault;
– Jose Vicente de Los Mozos, Executive Vice-President Group Manufacturing and Logistics, Groupe Renault;
– Jérôme Olive, Executive Vice President Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain Management, Renault-Nissan Alliance;
– Thierry Piéton, Senior Vice President, Group Financial Control, Groupe Renault.
The following individuals were re-confirmed as Members of the Board of Directors of AVTOVAZ:
– Sergei Skvortsov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company;
– Denis Le Vot, Senior Vice President, Chairman of Eurasia Region, Groupe Renault, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Company;
– Vladimir Avitesyan, Deputy Chairman of the Board, UK ROSNANO;
– Thierry Bolloré, Executive Vice President, Chief Competitive Officer, Groupe Renault;
– Sergei Kogogin, Chief Executive Officer of PJSC “KAMAZ”;
– Nicolas Maure, President of PJSC “AVTOVAZ”;
– Stefan Mueller, Executive Vice President, Chief Performance Officer, Groupe Renault;
– Andrei Sapelin, General Director, JSC “RT-Finance”;
– Eduard Vaino, Vice President for Government and Shareholder Relations,PJSC “AVTOVAZ”.
– Sergei Zaitsev, Chairman Trade Union of PJSC “AVTOVAZ”;
– Igor Zavyalov, Deputy General Director, Rostec State Corporation.
At a meeting of the Board today, the company’s Directors confirmed the objective of reaching operating profit break-even in 2018 and approved the development roadmap for the Lada brand. The Board also heard that the performance of AVTOVAZ Group in first quarter 2017 signaled that the company was making progress towards a financial recovery in 2018.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance holds a majority stake in Alliance Rostec Auto BV. Vehicles carrying the Renault, Nissan, Datsun and Lada brands are built in Togliatti and at other plants throughout Russia.
ABOUT THE RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE
The Renault-Nissan Alliance is a strategic partnership between France-based Groupe Renault and Japan-based Nissan Motor and Mitsubishi Motors. The automakers combined sold 9.96 million vehicles in nearly 200 countries in 2016 – more than one in nine vehicles worldwide. The Alliance has strategic collaborations with other automakers, including Germany’s Daimler and China’s Dongfeng. It also owns a majority stake in the joint venture that controls Russia’s top automaker, AVTOVAZ. The Alliance is the industry leader in zero-emission vehicles and is developing the latest advanced technologies, with plans to offer autonomous drive and connectivity features and services on a range of affordable vehicles.
ABOUT PJSC AVTOVAZ
PJSC “AVTOVAZ” is the largest manufacturer of Renault-Nissan Alliance in Russia and its Togliatti plant is one of the largest car plants worldwide,producing cars in full cycle under 4 brands (Lada, Renault, Nissan and Datsun). AVTOVAZ Izhevsk plant produces cars under Lada and Nissan brands.
Today Lada is represented by 20 models and variants in the segments В, В+, SUV and LCV priced from 390 to 850 K rub in Russian Federation. The brand has an average of 20% share of the Russian passenger car market and has the largest dealership network in the country – over 330 centers.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.