– USA, IL – Phathom Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: PHAT), a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing novel treatments for gastrointestinal diseases, today announced multiple executive appointments. As previously announced as part of the Company’s succession plan, Terrie Curran, former President of the Global Inflammation and Immunology Franchise at Celgene, now joins Phathom as CEO.
Founding CEO David Socks transitions to interim CFO and remains a member of the Board of Directors.
Phathom also announced today that Asit Parikh, MD, PhD has replaced Chris Slavinsky on the Company’s Board of Directors following his departure from Takeda to join Prometheus Biosciences.
“I look forward to working with Asit and expect his deep gastroenterology drug development experience will be a tremendous asset to Phathom,” said Tadataka Yamada, MD, Chairman of the Board at Phathom. “I would also like to extend my sincere thanks to Chris for his instrumental role in shaping Phathom from its inception.”
In addition to Ms. Curran, also joining the Phathom leadership team are
- Eckhard Leifke, MD, as Chief Medical Officer;
- Joseph Hand, JD, as Chief Administrative Officer;
- Larry Miller, JD, as General Counsel.
About Dr. Asit Parikh
Dr. Parikh is currently Senior Vice President and Head of the Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area Unit at Takeda. He brings to Phathom’s Board significant gastrointestinal therapeutic area experience, including the global development of Entyvio and Takeda’s other gastroenterology programs. Dr. Parikh earned his PhD in Biochemistry and MD from Vanderbilt University and completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Pennsylvania. He also completed subspecialty training in gastroenterology at the Massachusetts General Hospital and postdoctoral work in cancer biology at MIT.
About Terrie Curran
Ms. Curran has more than 20 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. She has served as President, Global Inflammation and Immunology Franchise and as a member of the Executive Committee at Celgene Corporation since 2017. Ms. Curran joined Celgene in 2013 as the U.S. Commercial Head of the I&I Franchise and built the capabilities and recruited the teams that executed the successful launch of OTEZLA, which was sold to Amgen in November 2019 for $13.4 billion. Prior to joining Celgene, she served as Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Women’s Health at Merck & Co. She currently serves on the board of Myovant Sciences and previously served on the board of H. Lundbeck A/S.
“I am thrilled to be joining Phathom at this exciting time, as vonoprazan, our product candidate for the treatment of acid-related disorders, moves into Phase 3 clinical trials in multiple indications,” said Ms. Curran. “I look forward to continuing to work with David, along with our expanded leadership team, to bring this important and novel therapy to underserved patients. I am also very pleased with our ability to attract exceptionally talented and experienced leaders such as Eckhard, Joe, and Larry as we continue to build the Company.”
Ms. Curran holds graduate and bachelor’s degrees from the University of Technology, Sydney.
Phathom Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel treatments for gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. Phathom has licensed the exclusive rights in the United States, Europe, and Canada to vonoprazan, a novel potassium competitive acid blocker in late-stage development for the treatment of acid-related disorders.
For more information: https://www.phathompharma.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.