– USA, CA – PayJoy is delighted to announce $18M of new funding to help us bring mobile finance to the next billion. The raise includes an $8.5M Series A equity investment led by Union Square Ventures, $4M of venture debt from Western Technology Investment, and $5.65 M of private lending capital. Following $4M raised in 2015, this brings PayJoy’s total financing to over $22.5M.
PayJoy welcomes four additional VC firms to the PayJoy family:
- Draper Nexus Ventures, part of the global Draper Venture Network
- Fenway Summer Ventures, a FinTech-focused firm based in Washington, DC
- Orange Digital Ventures, part of the global mobile network operator Orange
- Core Innovation Capital, a California-based FinTech specialist firm
USV partner John Buttrick will join PayJoy’s board of directors, and new board advisors include Mitch Kitamura, Raj Date, Olawale Ayeni, and Arjan Schutte.
PayJoy intends to use this investment to bring modern financial services to the underbanked, helping them join the digital economy and climb the economic ladder to success. Our unique mobile finance solution allows underserved consumers to afford modern smartphones for the first time. PayJoy leverages the power of mobile to connect the underbanked to the financial services they need most.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.