– USA, NY – Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:KODK) today announced the appointment of Jim Continenza as the company’s new Executive Chairman, effective immediately. Continenza, who has served as Chairman of Kodak’s Board of Directors since 2013, will continue as Board Chairman while also assuming the responsibilities of Jeffrey J. Clarke, who is stepping down after nearly five years as Chief Executive Officer.
Clarke will be available to Continenza and the Board to ensure a smooth transition. Clarke’s seat on the Board will be filled by Phillippe D. Katz, newly appointed Director of Kodak. Katz has served as Partner at the investment firm of United Equities Commodities Company since 1996. He also sits on the Board of Directors of Berkshire Bancorp, Inc. and several private company boards.
In his role as Board Chairman, Continenza has led the Company’s efforts to improve its capital structure, execute strategic M&A transactions and drive investment in growth engines. He brings robust experience and a proven track record guiding several leading, innovative technology companies through transformations.
Continenza said: “I am thrilled to build upon our Board’s strategic vision and become an integral part of day-to-day operations as the Company continues to execute on its previously announced initiatives. Importantly, I look forward to helping Kodak build long-term value for shareholders as we continue to deleverage our balance sheet, increase operational efficiencies, and maximize the potential of our key growth drivers. I’d like to thank Jeff for his strong leadership and I’m optimistic about the future of Kodak given our team, our assets and the opportunities ahead.”
Kodak’s leadership team and Board will continue to focus on the Company’s current strategic initiatives, including:
- executing on the sale of the Flexographic Packaging Division (FPD), a business that has demonstrated high growth;
- completing efficiency actions expected to result in $40 million of annualized savings and improved liquidity;
- driving Kodak’s key growth areas of SONORA Process-Free Plates, enterprise inkjet, workflow software and brand licensing, while continuing to maximize value in print systems, film and advanced materials;
- commitment to growth in Motion Picture film, having seen 32 Oscar nominations for films shot on film in 2019.
Former CEO Jeffrey J. Clarke added: “It was a privilege to lead Kodak during a time of transition and am pleased to leave the Company in a position of strength after the execution of the agreement to sell our Flexographic Packaging Division. The Board and I mutually agreed that now is the time to hand the reins to new leadership, and I am confident that Jim is the right leader to take the Company to the next phase of its transformation.”
About Jim Continenza
Continenza currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Merrill Corporation, LLC and Sorenson Communications LLC. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Nextel International, Inc. (NASDAQ: NIHD). Continenza is also the founder, Chairman and CEO of Vivial Inc., a privately held marketing technology and communications company. Continenza was previously Chairman of the Board of Tembec Inc. (TSE: TMB.CO), Neff Rental, LLC, Aventine Renewable Energy, Inc., Southwest Georgia Ethanol, LLC, BioFuel Energy Corporation, and Portola Packaging, Inc. He also previously served on the Board of Directors for Hawkeye Renewables, Blaze Recycling, LLC, Anchor Glass Container Corporation, Rath-Gibson Inc., Rural Cellular Corporation, U.S.A. Mobility, Inc., MAXIM Crane Works, Inc., Arch Wireless, Inc., Broadview Networks, LLC, Teligent, Inc. and Microcell Telecommunications, Inc.
Kodak is a technology company focused on imaging. We provide – directly and through partnerships with other innovative companies – hardware, software, consumables and services to customers in graphic arts, commercial print, publishing, packaging, entertainment and commercial films, and consumer products markets. With our world-class R&D capabilities, innovative solutions portfolio and highly trusted brand, Kodak is helping customers around the globe to sustainably grow their own businesses and enjoy their lives.
For more kodak.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.