– USA, MA – NewStore, the first to provide Omnichannel-as-a-Service, today announced Jeff Barnett has joined its Board of Directors.
“We’re glad to welcome Jeff to the team as he shares our vision for retail, but more importantly, he has an immense track record in transformative retail technology. We’re already leveraging his unique knowledge of the market to better serve the brands we work with, and sign new ones.” said Stephan Schambach, Founder and CEO, NewStore.
“Retailers worldwide value the benefits of omnichannel. Even so, there are still financial, organizational and technological challenges that stand in the way of getting it right. We’re in the business of making omnichannel a joy – to execute by brands, and to experience by shoppers” he added.
The former CEO of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and COO of Demandware will sit alongside the following group of elite investors and retail industry veterans:
- Stephan Schambach, Founder and CEO, NewStore
- Larry Bohn, General Partner, General Catalyst
- Steve Sarracino, Founder and Partner, Activant Capital
- Carol Meyrowitz, Executive Chair of the Board, TJX Companies
- Sharen Jester Turney, Former President and CEO, Victoria’s Secret
About Jeff Barnett
Barnett has worked in the software industry for more than 30 years. He was appointed his most recent role at Salesforce upon the company’s acquisition of Demandware in 2016. Jeff spent more than a decade at Demandware where he was on the Board of Directors and served as Chief Operating Officer. Prior to this role, he served in founding or leadership roles at a number of companies including Siebel Systems, edocs, Inc. (acquired by Siebel Systems), Kenan Systems (acquired by Lucent Technologies), Integrated Business Solutions and TRW Inc. Barnett is also a Board Member and Investor for several private companies and technology startups and serves as a Lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
“Omnichannel is not a choice – it’s strategic. Consumers expect seamless experiences across physical and digital. There is now widespread understanding that consumers don’t limit their shopping to a single channel,” said Jeff Barnett. “Retailers need to invest in omnichannel to keep pace with consumer demands, but traditional solutions can’t move fast enough. NewStore has a modern platform and architecture that addresses the retail imperative of satisfying the digitally connected consumer.”
NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on the iPhone. Purpose-built for mobile shoppers, the company provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through the endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. An API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners means retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered eCommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York.
For more, www.newstore.com.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.