– USA, DC – The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the authority on boardroom practices representing more than 18,000 corporate board members, today announced the launch of NACD NXT, a multi-year initiative to highlight breakthrough board practices that promote greater diversity and inclusion, ultimately fostering long-term value creation.
The NACD NXT initiative builds on the premise that boards should strive for a diverse composition of directors as a means of strengthening their ability to make wise and informed decisions. Specifically, diversity of experience – coupled with a diversity of gender, race, ethnicity, and age – is essential to broadening the viewpoints, skills, and backgrounds of individual board members.
The initiative, which will formally kick off with an awards program at the NACD Global Board Leaders’ Summit on Saturday, September 29, 2018, in Washington, D.C., will undertake the following activities:
- Annual awards that showcase boards that have embraced diverse perspectives to support sustainable long-term shareholder value. Boards to be recognized span a range of public and private companies and institutions across size and sector. To submit a nomination, visit NACD NXT Nominations for submission guidelines.
- A scholarship program which in which NACD, its members, and its partners will identify potential board directors who require support or mentorship to ascend to a board director position and then work to help equip those individuals with practical information and skills they need to effectively serve on boards.
- A toolkit for board members which will offer guidance to fully integrate diversity into boardroom practice and culture.
Ongoing research on the diversity topic as it relates to board leadership priorities.
- Deepened engagement with NACD members through regional dialogues with directors throughout the country.
“In today’s constantly evolving business environment, diversity is a business imperative,” said Peter R. Gleason, president and CEO of NACD. “This initiative will recognize boards that have leveraged diverse perspectives – both in skills and identity – in order to foster competitiveness and long-term shareholder value.”
For more information, visit NACDonline.org/NXT.
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) empowers more than 18,000 directors to lead with confidence in the boardroom. As the recognized authority on leading boardroom practices, NACD helps boards strengthen investor trust and public confidence by ensuring that today’s directors are well prepared for tomorrow’s challenges. World-class boards join NACD to elevate performance, gain foresight, and instill confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and corporate governance stakeholders, NACD has been setting the standard for responsible board leadership for 40 years.
To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.