– USA, WA – Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), on Tuesday announced the appointment of Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, to its board of directors effective immediately. the addition of Hoffman to the board increases Microsoft’s board to 12 members. Hoffman will be appointed to the Regulatory and Public Policy Committee.
Hoffman, 49, has been with Greylock Partners, where he is currently a partner, for the past seven years. He co-founded LinkedIn in 2002, and before that he served as an executive vice president at PayPal. He currently serves on the boards of Edmodo, Convoy and Blockstream. In addition, he serves on several not-for-profit boards, including Wrapp and Kiva.org, and the chair of the West Coast advisory board for QuestBridge.
“We continually evaluate opportunities to bring fresh thinking and new perspectives to our board, and Reid’s appointment reflects that,” said John W. Thompson, Microsoft chairman. “His expertise will be a valuable addition.”
“I’ve long admired Reid’s ability to identify disruptive technologies and the passion we share for how digital platforms can create new opportunity for people around the world,” said Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft. “As a board member, Reid’s leadership and strategic perspective will help chart the future of our company as we aim to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.”
In addition to Hoffman, Microsoft’s board of directors consists of :
- John W. Thompson, Microsoft independent chairman;
- William H. Gates, Microsoft founder and technology advisor;
- G. Mason Morfit, president, ValueAct Capital;
- Satya Nadella, chief executive officer, Microsoft;
- Charles H. Noski, former vice chairman of Bank of America Corp.;
- Sandra E. Peterson, executive vice president, Group Worldwide Chairman for Johnson & Johnson;
- Dr. Helmut Panke, former chairman of the board of management at BMW AG;
- Charles W. Scharf, former chief executive officer of Visa Inc.;
- John W. Stanton, chairman, Trilogy Equity Partners and Trilogy International Partners;
- Teri List-Stoll, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Gap Inc.;
- Padmasree Warrior, chief development officer of NextEV, and chief executive officer of U.S. for NextEV.
About Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) is the leading platform and productivity company for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, and its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
For more information : http://www.microsoft.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.