– USA, CA – MedMen Enterprises Inc. (CSE:MMEN |OTCQB:MMNFF) (FSE: A2JM6N) today announced the appointment of Benjamin Rose as non-executive chairman of its board of directors effective immediately.
Rose brings more than 20 years of high-profile experience in financial markets and entrepreneurial finance, having served as a managing director and portfolio manager for a variety of institutional, high-performance investment firms. Since 2012, Rose has served as the chief investment officer of Wicklow Capital, Inc., an active, early-stage investor in a variety of innovative sectors including cannabis, blockchain technologies and biotechnology.
“Ben’s deep experience identifying strategic opportunities for growth while working with companies to build best-in-class operations makes him an ideal choice to lead our board of directors,” said MedMen Co-Founder and CEO Adam Bierman. “With Ben’s addition, our board has the depth and diversity of experience necessary to help MedMen navigate our next phase of rapid growth and deliver value to our shareholders.”
MedMen Enterprises is a standard bearer in the fast-growing, state-sanctioned legal cannabis industry in the U.S. Today, the company operates 19 licensed facilities touching the whole vertical from cultivation to retail in three key states; California, Nevada and New York. With over 800 employees and expansion plans in other key markets, such as Florida, Arizona and Canada, MedMen is one of the best positioned cannabis enterprises in the country.
MedMen’s board is now comprised of nine members, six of whom are independent directors. MedMen’s board members have a broad and diverse set of expertise including corporate governance, consumer brands and capital markets.
“MedMen has built its leadership position by establishing best-in-class business practices across every part of the company,” Rose said. “The firm has an unmatched model and open-ended runway to continue executing its growth plan in what has become the fastest growth industry in the U.S. I am honored to be appointed chairman of the board and excited to work with my fellow board members and management team to advance the company’s goal of becoming the industry’s leading vertically-integrated cannabis company.”
Rose was appointed chairman during a board meeting held August 29 at MedMen’s headquarters in Culver City, California.
MedMen’s Board Composition:
- Benjamin Rose*, Chairman, Chief Investment Officer of Wicklow Capital
- Antonio Villaraigosa*, Former Mayor of Los Angeles and Past President of U.S. Conference of Mayors
- Mark Hutchison*, Tax Partner at Armanino, LLP
- Stacey Hallerman*, Former Vice President, Chief Legal Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Richemont North America
- Jay Brown*, Co-Founder and CEO of RocNation
- Andy Rayburn*, Principal and Founder of Big Game Capital
- Adam Bierman, Co-Founder & CEO of MedMen
- Andrew Modlin, Co-Founder & President of MedMen
- LD Sergi Trager, General Counsel of MedMen
* Independent Director
MedMen Enterprises is a leading cannabis company in the U.S. with assets and operations across the country. Based in Los Angeles, MedMen brings expertise and capital to the cannabis industry and is one of the nation’s largest financial supporters of progressive marijuana laws.
Fore more information, visit http://www.medmen.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.