– UK, London – IXICO plc (Ticker: IXI), the brain health company, today announces the following changes to the Board, all of which take immediate effect:
- Dr Andy Richards has elected to step down from the Board to focus on his other commitments. Andy has been Chairman of IXICO since 2009 and has guided the Company through its formative years. In particular, Andy’s vision and enthusiasm for the deployment of technological innovations in the healthcare industry to realise the potential for digital healthcare has been central in developing IXICO into the business it is today.
- Charles Spicer has succeeded Andy as Non-Executive Chairman. Charles was an executive Director of IXICO between July 2013 and January 2016 with a focus on corporate strategy. He became a Non-Executive Director of IXICO in January 2016. He has a wealth of experience working for, and as advisor to, public and private companies primarily in the medtech and life science sectors. Charles is currently Chairman of an NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) funding panel and is also Non-Executive Chairman of PuriCore Plc, 11 Health & Technologies Limited and Creo Medical Limited.
- In addition, Mark Warne joins the Board as a Non-Executive Director. He is Head of the Healthcare division of IP Group Plc (LSE: IPO) which, at the end of December 2015, had shareholdings in 31 companies valued at over £275 million. Mark previously acted as the power of attorney for corporate director IP2IPO Services Limited of Optimal Medicine Limited and was instrumental in the sale of the business to IXICO. As part of that acquisition and the participation of IP Group Plc in the financing round completed in December 2015, IP Group has a 20.25% shareholding in the Company. Mark brings a wealth of technology commercialisation experience to support IXICO through its next stage of product development and value creation. Mark has been at IP Group since 2008 and represents it on the boards of several portfolio companies, both quoted and private. He has extensive experience in building and growing healthcare businesses as well as in managing transactions including portfolio company IPOs, financings and M&A.
Mark will join the Remuneration Committee which is chaired by Tim Sharpington and the Audit Committee which is chaired by John Bradshaw.
David Brister, who joined the Board following the acquisition of Optimal Medicine Limited, stepped down as a Non-Executive Director having helped oversee the successful integration of this acquisition.
Derek Hill, Chief Executive Officer of IXICO, said: “We are grateful to Andy Richards for the huge contribution he has made to IXICO. He set the vision for IXICO’s development into a digital healthcare company for brain health, identifying the opportunities to raise growth capital through admission onto AIM in 2013, and the acquisition of Optimal Medicine in 2015.”
Mark Warne, Non-Executive Director of IXICO and Head of Healthcare at IP Group plc, said: “I am excited to be joining the board of IXICO and I see significant potential for it to lead in the CNS and behavioural health fields in the rapidly growing digital health market. Its team is highly respected by industry and government for its brain health specialisation and the Company has some fantastic technologies. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank David Brister for his recent contribution to IXICO and prior contribution as Chairman at Optimal Medicine where IP Group was a shareholder”.
IXICO’s innovative and proprietary digital healthcare technologies help those involved in researching and treating serious diseases to capture and analyse clinical data to make rapid, informed decisions. In clinical research this includes the phenotyping of patients, quantification of disease pathology and measurement of patient outcomes. In clinical practice the mobile health and digital decision support technologies aid diagnosis, patient engagement and monitoring. IXICO is also collaborating with partners to develop companion digital health products targeted at improving patient outcomes.
The Company’s brain health focus includes Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, behavioural health, child and adolescent mental health.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.