– FRANCE, Paris – Ipsen (Euronext:IPN) announces the resolutions proposed by its Board of Directors to its next Shareholders’ Meeting to be held on June 7, 2017 regarding the nominations to its Board of Directors.
- Nominations of Dr. Margaret Liu and Ms. Carol Stuckley as independent Directors. They would bring to the Board of Directors diverse international experiences and solid scientific and business backgrounds.
- Nomination of Mr. David Meek, Chief Executive Officer of the Company, as Director.
- Renewal of Mr. Antoine Flochel, Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors, as Director.
About Margaret Liu
Dr. Margaret Liu is a worldwide distinguished scientist who consults in global health and teaches at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the Karolinska Institute. She is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and is renowned for her scientific contributions in the field of vaccines and cancer immunotherapies.
Margaret Liu, in her role as Principal of ProTherImmune since 2002, consults in the fields of global health, vaccines and immunotherapy for pharma/biotech and investment companies, universities, and governmental scientific research councils. Since 2003, she has also served as Professor at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, first as Visiting Professor and then as Foreign Adjunct Professor. She has also served as Adjunct Full Professor at the University of California in San Francisco, CA since 2013 and President for the International Society for Vaccines since 2016. Before that, she served various functions in the private and public sector parallel to her academic career. She earned her B.A. in Chemistry, summa cum laude, from Colorado College and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
About Carol Stuckley
Carol Stuckley is an experienced Chief Financial Officer who has worked extensively in the pharmaceutical industry. She holds an MBA in International Business & Finance and an MA in Economics from Temple University in Philadelphia.
Carol Stuckley is the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Healthcare Payment Specialists, LLC in Fort Worth, TX. From 2010 to 2013, she was Vice President, Finance (Chief Financial Officer), North America at Galderma Laboratories, L.P., in Fort Worth, TX. Prior to Galderma, Carol had a 23 year career at Pfizer, Inc., New York, NY, where she held several multinational, senior financial leadership roles including Assistant Treasurer, Corporate Officer and Vice President of Finance. She holds an MBA in International Business & Finance and an MA in Economics from Temple University (Fox Business School) in Philadelphia, PA as well as a BA in Economics and French from the University of Delaware in Newark, DE.
Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical group with total sales close to €1.6 billion in 2016. Ipsen sells more than 20 drugs in more than 115 countries, with a direct commercial presence in more than 30 countries. Ipsen’s ambition is to become a leader in specialty healthcare solutions for targeted debilitating diseases. Its fields of expertise cover oncology, neurosciences and endocrinology (adult & pediatric). Ipsen’s commitment to oncology is exemplified through its growing portfolio of key therapies improving the care of patients suffering from prostate cancer, neuro-endocrine tumors, renal cell carcinoma and pancreatic cancer. Ipsen also has a significant presence in primary care. Moreover, the Group has an active policy of partnerships. Ipsen’s R&D is focused on its innovative and differentiated technological platforms, peptides and toxins, located in the heart of the leading biotechnological and life sciences hubs (Les Ulis/Paris-Saclay, France; Slough/Oxford, UK; Cambridge, US). In 2016, R&D expenditures exceeded €200 million. The Group has more than 4,900 employees worldwide. Ipsen’s shares are traded on segment A of Euronext Paris (stock code: IPN, ISIN code: FR0010259150) and are eligible to the “Service de Règlement Différé” (“SRD”). The Group is part of the SBF 120 index. Ipsen has implemented a Sponsored Level I American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program, which trades on the over-the-counter market in the United States under the symbol IPSEY.
For more information : http://www.ipsen.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.