– UK, Birmingham – Headlam Group PLC (LON: HEAD), Europe’s leading floorcoverings distributor, today announced the appointment of Simon King to its Board as a Non-Executive Director with immediate effect.
Simon has joined the Company’s Audit, Nomination, and Remuneration Committees.
About Simon King
Simon has over 35 years of executive experience. He was most recently an Executive at Travis Perkins plc where he held the position of CEO of Wickes, one of the UK’s leading home improvement retailers, until 2019. Before that, Simon held several CEO and COO positions in businesses including Walmart, Savola Group in the Middle East, and Tesco’s businesses in Continental Europe and Asia.
Simon is a Non-Executive Director of SIG plc, a leading supplier of specialist building materials to trade customers, having joined their Board last year. He also holds an advisory role for the online horticulture business Garden on a Roll.
Headlam is Europe’s leading floorcoverings distributor, providing the channel between suppliers and trade customers of floorcoverings.
Headlam works with suppliers across the globe manufacturing a diverse range of floorcovering products and provides them with a cost-efficient and effective route to market for their products into the highly fragmented customer base. Alongside long-established processing and distribution expertise, suppliers benefit from Headlam’s marketing and customer servicing into the most extensive customer base.
To maximize customer reach, Headlam operates 67 businesses across the UK and Continental Europe (France, the Netherlands, and Switzerland). Each business operates under its own trade brand and utilizes individual sales teams while being supported by the Company’s network and centralized resources.
The Company’s customer base covers both the residential and commercial sectors, with the principal customer groups being independent retailers and smaller flooring contractors alongside other groups such as larger retailers, housebuilders, specifiers, and local authorities.
Headlam is focused on providing customers with a market-leading service through:
- the broadest product offering;
- unrivaled product knowledge and tailored solutions;
- sales team and marketing support;
- e-commerce support;
- ‘just-in-time’ nationwide delivery and collection service; and
- other support including the provision of credit.
For more information: https://www.headlam.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.