– UK, Amersham – Halma PLC (LON: HLMA), the FTSE 100 global group of life-saving technology companies, today announced the appointment of Dame Louise Makin to its Board as an Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair Designate, succeeding Paul Walker as Chair in July 2021, when he steps down from the Board.
“I look forward to working with Louise as Halma’s next Chair. She brings tremendous experience and is an excellent cultural fit with Halma and its purpose. She will build on Paul’s eight years as Chair and will maintain Halma’s track record of stable, long term leadership.” saidCEO, Andrew Williams.
Louise will join the Nomination and Remuneration committees.
About Dame Louise Makin
Louise has a distinguished career in business as a chief executive and board director, working across multiple sectors.
For 15 years Louise was CEO of BTG plc, the international specialist healthcare company. Louise led the transformation of the company through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions, during which its market capitalization increased from $150m to $4.2bn, before its sale to Boston Scientific in 2019.
Louise has broad experience as a board member. She is currently a Non-Executive Director of Theramex Ltd, a pharmaceutical company, Atotech Ltd, a specialty chemicals company, and of Intertek Group plc, the FTSE 100 testing and certification group; a position she will step down from in June 2021. She has previously served as a Non-Executive Director of Premier Foods plc and Woodford Patient Capital Trust plc, and as a director of several not-for-profit organizations.
Louise said: “I am delighted to be joining Halma as Chair. Halma is driven by its strong purpose – to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day. This couldn’t be more relevant to the world we are living in today and I look forward to working with Andrew Williams and the rest of the Halma Board to deliver on this.”
Halma is a global group of life-saving technology companies, focused on growing a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day.
Its purpose defines the three broad market areas where it operates:
- Safety: protecting life as populations grow and protecting worker safety.
- Environment: improving food and water quality, and monitoring air pollution.
- Health: meeting rising healthcare demand as growing populations age and lifestyles change.
It employs over 7,000 people in more than 20 countries, with major operations in the UK, Mainland Europe, the USA, and the Asia Pacific. Halma is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
In January 2021, Halma was named Britain’s Most Admired Company by Management Today.
For more information: https://www.halma.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.