– USA, MN – GWG Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: GWGH), announced the expansion of its Board of Directors to 14 members, with the addition of three new members, who join an existing board whose directors’ backgrounds range from the highest executive levels of financial services, energy and real estate to national business media, big four accounting, and the Federal Reserve.
The three new board members are:
- Kathleen J. Mason, a consultant with the international advisory firm Third Bridge and former President and Chief Executive Officer of Tuesday Morning Corporation
- Dennis P. Lockhart, a professor in the Nunn School of International Affairs at Georgia Tech University, who served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta from 2007 to 2017
- David F. Chavenson, the former Treasurer of Alon USA Energy Company who has worked as a financial executive for firms across the energy and transportation industries
“We are pleased to have a Board of Directors comprised of professionals who bring deep and varied experience to bear,” said Murray Holland, CEO. “Our directors’ vast expertise significantly furthers the company’s objective of providing value to all our constituents, from financial advisors and the clients they serve to GWGH employees and shareholders.”
The number of directors on the GWGH Board was recently increased in conjunction with the expansion of the company’s strategic transaction with The Beneficient Company Group, L.P. that was completed in late April 2019. The Board is led by Chairman Brad K. Heppner, who also serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BEN.
About GWG Holdings, Inc.
GWG Holdings, Inc. is the parent company of GWG Life, Life Epigenetics and YouSurance. GWG Life is a leading provider of liquidity to owners of life insurance policies and owns a portfolio of life insurance assets with a face value of $1.96 billion as of September 30, 2018. Life Epigenetics is commercializing epigenetic technology for the longevity life insurance industry and other industries. YouSurance is a digital life insurance agency working to embed epigenetic testing into life insurance products to provide consumers a value-added ecosystem that supports their health and wellness.
For more information: https://gwgh.com
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.