– UK – Good Energy is pleased to announce the appointment of Denise Cockrem as Chief Financial Officer of the Company with effect from 1 May 2014.
Denise is currently UK & Western Europe Finance Director of RSA Insurance Group, a multinational insurance group. Prior to joining RSA Insurance Group in 2006, Denise was the Finance Director of Direct Line’s Retail Division. Denise qualified as a chartered accountant with Neville Russell and graduated in Law from Oxford University.
In addition to Denise’s appointment, the Board is pleased to announce that Matthew Allen has been appointed as the new Director of Sales & Business Development for Good Energy (non-Board) with effect from 27 February 2014. Matthew joins the Company from Bloomberg New Energy Finance where he was employed as Global Commercial Head.
Juliet Davenport OBE, Chief Executive of the Group, said: “These two roles are critical at this time of Good Energy’s growth and will help us deliver the next phase of our strategy. I am delighted that both Denise and Matthew are joining Good Energy; they will each bring substantial experience and leadership to our business.”
About Good Energy Group
- Good Energy is a licensed electricity supplier. It ensures that all of its customers’ demand is 100% matched with electricity from renewable sources over the course of 12 months, backed by Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin certificates (REGOs).
- Good Energy Group plc is listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Good Energy’s first corporate bond, which it promoted to its customer base, reached the £15 million maximum subscription on 24th October 2013, three weeks ahead of schedule
- Good Energy has more than 35,000 renewable electricity customers. In 2008, Good Energy added a gas product to its range. It now has over 12,000 gas customers.
- Good Energy works with a community of more than 55,000 small and medium scale renewable electricity generators.
- Good Energy is the owner of Delabole Wind Farm, the UK’s first commercial wind farm. It has targeted the development of 110MW of capacity of new renewable electricity generation assets by 2016.
- Good Energy is a founder member of the Social Stock Exchange.
- Good Energy came top in the 2014 Which? Customer Satisfaction Survey for energy suppliers and has won first place in four of the last five years. It also won Company of the Year in the British Renewable Energy Awards 2013, and was named ‘best green electricity supplier 2013’ by the UK’s leading ethical and environmental magazine, Ethical Consumer.
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.