– UK, Brentford – GlaxoSmithKline plc (LON: GSK | NYSE: GSK) today announced the appointment of Dr. Vishal Sikka (Ph.D.) to its Board as a Non-Executive Director, with effect from the Haleon demerger.
“I am delighted to welcome Vishal to GSK. He is an experienced board director and an outstanding technologist who has been at the forefront of advanced technologies such as AI and Machine Learning for decades. Harnessing and applying these technologies to the discovery and development of new medicines and vaccines is central to our R&D approach, and Vishal’s insight and expertise will be invaluable as the company accelerates its efforts in this area.” said Board Chair, Sir Jonathan Symonds.
His appointment further strengthens the Board’s expertise and builds on other recent Non-Executive Director appointments, including:
- Dr. Hal Dietz, Professor of Genetic Medicine at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine;
- Charlie Bancroft, former EVP at Bristol Myers Squibb,
- Dr. Anne Beal, a former instructor in pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, and Chief Patient Officer at Sanofi.
About Dr. Vishal Sikka
Vishal has a distinguished background in technology and particularly in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning, which is central to GSK’s approach to R&D. He is the founder and CEO of Vianai Systems, a Silicon Valley-based company that provides advanced technological software and services in AI and Machine Learning to large enterprises around the world. Before founding Vianai Systems, Vishal served as CEO of Infosys and as a member of the Executive Board of SAP SE.
Vishal has a Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence from Stanford University and has co-authored several research abstracts related to AI, technology, and database management. He is also currently a Board member of Oracle Corporation and BMW.
For more information: https://www.gsk.com/
- Disclaimer - News, data, and statements included in this release are intended exclusively for general information purposes. Talent4Boards does not guarantee that news is accurate or about the correct person and accepts neither liability for the consequences of the reader’s reliance, nor responsibility for the accuracy of the information. Nothing in this release should be considered for decisions about referred securities. Products and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.